Valentines Day ideas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Ok fellas, don't blow it. V-Day is a easy no-brainer, practically handed to us guys. Ya don't have to try to come up with some 'special' gift the wife is going to like (like birthdays or Christmas), you just have to get some flowers or candy and your golden. If you do V-Day right, you can slide by with lousy gifts the rest of the year.

I'm going to share what my past Valentines Day 'gifts' to my wife have been. Over the top, stupid, cheap, and my wifes friends and co-workers all think 'It's so sweet!'

This all started with us coming up with stupid ideas at work for V-Day.

1st yr - (this one take some guts) I recorded a CD on my PC of me singing (I can't sing) of You are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder (Yes it is a sucky song and my wife doesn't like it either - all the better). I played it with headphones on and sung to it - so all you could hear on the CD was me, no music. It was bad. So then I went out that night and took all the CD's out of her truck and put that one in so she would hear it on her way to work. She had to pull off the road because she was laughing so hard. If you try this one, be sure to make the CD disappear soon after!

Large 3'x4' Valentines Day 'card' made out of plywood and junk I had around. Looks like one of those construction paper card you made in 1st grade but alot bigger. Put it outside the house so she would see it when she left for work. (Now it is hung on the garage wall - so she sees it on occasion)

This one cost a few bucks - had a big rock engraved (gravestone places sometimes do that stuff) that said "Didi, I love you, Dan" and put it next to the side walk of her work. Her co-workers told her all day how I must really love her. Now it sits along our sidewalk so she sees it whenever she leaves.

Car I was going to junk - spray painted candy heart type messages on it and parked it next to her truck at work. Again, her co-workers told her all day how I must really love her, but did think it was kinda weird!

Another benefit of doing stuff like this: if you tell them your only getting them a card this year, they're kinda relieved.:D

My idea so far for this year, if there is still snow on the ground: Take an empty dish-soap bottle and fill it with yellow colored water and write 'I love you' in the snow outside our house.

My idea so far for this year, if there is still snow on the ground: Take an empty dish-soap bottle and fill it with yellow colored water and write 'I love you' in the snow outside our house.

Out of all the imaginative Valentine's gifts that you've come up with to date, this one is by far the most romantic :D You're cracking me up man.

Thanks for the advice Sam. Sick, but entertaining! You gave me some ideas...Mrs. Moron has low expectations so I think I'll paint something sappy on the side of the old barn on our acreage. She'll be able to see it every day when she looks out the window, until we tear the barn down this summer.:(

man

you rock dude! those are some very creative ideas! well done. go yellow snow, let us know how that one goes over. cause you know her co-workers are gonna ask what you did this year for her. better yet video tape it and post her reaction maybe on u tube and here. dp1

I like your ideas and it has me thinking of doing something creative and funny this year. Usually, I am mean & nasty to her every day of the year and on Valentine's Day I'm not quite as mean & nasty. That's her present...

Out of all the imaginative Valentine's gifts that you've come up with to date, this one is by far the most romantic :D You're cracking me up man.

Looks like the forecast is going to be snowless by then so that one will have to wait another year. :mad:

Something else: When my wife tells me "Oh, you are so full of sh**!", I look at her with as much seriousness as I can muster and tell her "Yes Honey, full of sh** that loves you." and giver her a hug. Guess I'm just a hopeless romantic. My wife, of course, has other names for it. :D

I just came up with one. I could change all the sound effects on her computer to sound bites of me quoting the corny sayings from candy hearts. Free, harmless, annoying, but effective.

231.jpg

Think that's a little beyond my pay check! Gotta keep it Low buck and home built! I could take the glass out of a picture frame and draw a heart on it with white out. Then walk her outside with her eyes closed and put the glass in front of her face when she opens her eyes - kinda the same? :confused:

My woman loves stuffed animals, especially teddy-bears (she has 2 plastic totes FULL of them), so I usually get her those every year...the ones that have the year on their foot...she also likes roses so I get her some of those, and then take her out for a romantic dinner.

But if you really wanna' give her something to remember you by, nothin' beats a big ol' Pearl Necklace... :D

My wife called me this morning and told me about a cool junkyard she passed by yesterday - said she was going to try to stop and get some pictures for me before she leaves. Is that love or what?

Bonehead, you probably know the place, she's working in Montrose CO. this week.

Hey SnakeMan-did you make it to Clear Lake for the big Buddy Holly memorial? 50 years now!

No, I didn't...didn't know about it. Do they have one every year, or was it just for this year? If it's annual, let me know exactly where in Clear Lake they have it...I've been looking for a reason to drive down to Iowa...

Ok fellas, don't blow it. V-Day is a easy no-brainer, practically handed to us guys. Ya don't have to try to come up with some 'special' gift the wife is going to like (like birthdays or Christmas), you just have to get some flowers or candy and your golden. If you do V-Day right, you can slide by with lousy gifts the rest of the year.

I'm going to share what my past Valentines Day 'gifts' to my wife have been. Over the top, stupid, cheap, and my wifes friends and co-workers all think 'It's so sweet!'

This all started with us coming up with stupid ideas at work for V-Day.

1st yr - (this one take some guts) I recorded a CD on my PC of me singing (I can't sing) of You are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder (Yes it is a sucky song and my wife doesn't like it either - all the better). I played it with headphones on and sung to it - so all you could hear on the CD was me, no music. It was bad. So then I went out that night and took all the CD's out of her truck and put that one in so she would hear it on her way to work. She had to pull off the road because she was laughing so hard. If you try this one, be sure to make the CD disappear soon after!

Large 3'x4' Valentines Day 'card' made out of plywood and junk I had around. Looks like one of those construction paper card you made in 1st grade but alot bigger. Put it outside the house so she would see it when she left for work. (Now it is hung on the garage wall - so she sees it on occasion)

This one cost a few bucks - had a big rock engraved (gravestone places sometimes do that stuff) that said "Didi, I love you, Dan" and put it next to the side walk of her work. Her co-workers told her all day how I must really love her. Now it sits along our sidewalk so she sees it whenever she leaves.

Car I was going to junk - spray painted candy heart type messages on it and parked it next to her truck at work. Again, her co-workers told her all day how I must really love her, but did think it was kinda weird!

Another benefit of doing stuff like this: if you tell them your only getting them a card this year, they're kinda relieved.:D

Sam you are a true romantic ;)

Good onya mate.

i always love the presents my kids make themselves more than purchased stuff ,for birthdays and chrissy.

cheers
Brett:):)

Latest posts

Back