Value of my ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurst

I recently have been in a trading whirlwind and have come up with a 1934 Ford truck. A 6 inch chop has been started and the bed has been shortened. It has not been just chopped on. It has been done right, so far. Anyway, my question is...what is the cab, cowl, firewall(near perfect), bed, and such worth? It does NOT have the doors though. I know what I have in it, but dont want to take to much of a hit if I decide to sell it.

Attachments

• 34 side.jpg
    34 side.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 34 front.jpg
    34 front.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 40
It's not worth much at all frankly. The chop wasn't "done right". It's not properly braced, no floor or roof, etc. It's just a cowl/windshield posts and a rear section that somebody sliced up. Don't mean to be harsh, just calling it like I see it. The firewall might be worth a little to someone. Unfortunately the most value and hardest to find pieces are already missing in this puzzle - the top and the doors. Hopefully you don't have much in it. But even if you do - why fish for prices here?

Last edited:
thanks

I guess I am not really fishing for price, just value. The truck is cool and would be a good build for the right person, but your are right, the doors are like gold and are hard to find. Also expensive. I am just not sure that this is the build for my first. I got the truck because of the "idea" of having a cool rat rod truck. Little did I know about how hard the doors are to get. Anyway, I am looking more for trade "value" than anything. If it come to parting it out, thats what I may do. The pieces that are there are in great shape.

Everybody like the "idea" of having a cool car BUT... if it was easy everybody would have one. Just ask the guys who do it. ;)

Hindsight I know, but you should have kept the '30-'31. Even though it wasn't really a roadster, just a coupe with the top cut off - the decklid alone was worth more than all of what you currently have.

Lessons for a new guy...

Latest posts

Back