Vans man ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Do any of you gize hav any pic's of or had any old custom vans from the 70's.
Or any tails from then?
I got this weird thing for custom vans with air brushing on em!!!!

heres a wild one

Attachments

• fordvan.jpg
    fordvan.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 42
  • fordvanengine.jpg
    fordvanengine.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 29
O.K. I’ll admit it, I got caught up in the van craze.

Had a custom ’66 SWB Chevy Van in the mid 70’s which I traded in on my first new vehicle, a ’77 Chevy SWB Van, paid $5600, brand spanking new.

I put a ton of money into this truck; shaved body, molded flares and hood scoop, custom flamed paint job, custom interior, might be able to dig up some pics, but don’t know if they will scan good enough to see.

I worked for a van conversion outfit with five other guys at the time.
This was during the start of the gas crunch, and motorhome owners were trading in their rigs for custom vans. We were doing complete brand new custom vans, installing windows, raised roofs, wheels/tires, interiors, custom paint, etc. at a rate of about 2 per month; we made a ton of dough.

Even was a member of a van club with about 12 members, we would take road trips together, talking back and forth on CB radios. Actually had a lot of fun, and needles to say, these rolling bordellos were chick magnets!

YOU asked……….!

Jeff

i figured some of you guys would be hipp to van thing!
Seems like choppers and vans went together back then.My unkle used to build custom vans back then and i remember seeing him air brush and hand letter them .He would put big flairs spoilers and wood bumpers with the vans name routerd out in it!It sounds corny now but was so cool back then!!!
must have been a big influance on me !

both my Pops and I dig vans. when I had mine it worked great for hauling Motorcycles. just run em in the back and tie em down and shut the door.

I was born in 77, but remeber reading about those in my Dads Old Hot rods. there are still a couple of them around. most arent in very good shape though

I love the chevy with the wizard,right up my alley!
i was born in 72 ,i had a great time growing up in the 70's.Can't understand why most people would rather forget it .But then again i was young!

My Uncle had a show van called the Warlock, but I can't find pictures, it looked kind of like this one but was metalflake green and was customized.

Attachments

• chopt van.jpg
    chopt van.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
Thats what i'm talking about bonehead ,that dodge is bitchin man!!!I bet its a reall bear to see out of!I guess he dont drive it ever day.
I nener saw a pro street van till i was in the navy ,just the coolest man.

Latest posts

Back