vertical sectioning a body?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big trick is getting the cowl and sides to flow well into one seamless car. Narrowing and roadster-ing it seems to be less of a problem.

Remember when I said some are horrendous? I need the puking smiley here... :rolleyes:

Yeah, as soon as I saw that, I though I better go get a bucket for you. [ddd

thanks for the replies , by the looks itll be pretty easy to spend a massive amount of time to build something that looks like an absolute dog . Keep posting up pics if you have any , that might help me make up my mind one way or the other .
cheers
Ben

I see what you are after now. Yes it can and has been done, often with mixed results. Some are horrendous, some not so bad. Probably the best example would be Aaron Grote's "Lunar Lander" crafted from a early cowling and '59 Olds rear section. It works because it was finished very nicely.

DSCN0342s_detail.JPG

DSCN0404s_detail.JPG

I keep thinking about this car, and I think what makes it look too short in the front to me is that there are no vertical lines in the body itself. I think that perhaps even just door opening lines would help it, but what would really define the shape more would be to cut in fender wells in the rear (sort of imitating the 30's basic design).

Just my opinion; so now I stuck my neck out.
Neto

Latest posts

Back