vin number location

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meteorman

I am working on getting a title for my 1936 Diamond t truck. I have a number stamped on the frame, passenger outside, under cab area. the numbers are big- about 2 inches tall? and it's a seven digit number. is this my vin#?
I'm hoping I can load it on a trailer and get it inspected for the vin and apply for a lost title. I guess you can do that in oregon.

any ideas?[S

I am working on getting a title for my 1936 Diamond t truck. I have a number stamped on the frame, passenger outside, under cab area. the numbers are big- about 2 inches tall? and it's a seven digit number. is this my vin#?
I'm hoping I can load it on a trailer and get it inspected for the vin and apply for a lost title. I guess you can do that in oregon.

any ideas?[S

what did you end up doing? we don't have a title for our '36 DT either (and it's off the 'system' because it hasn't been registered in over 25 years, probably more like 40 years, LOL) - we took it to inspections and the inspector officer told us to just do the build, and then come have it inspected AFTER we were done, that it has to be a complete vehicle to inspect. He told us to document the build every step of the way and try to keep the original tags in the original places and not remove them. Otherwise, he said we would have to register it for 3 years before we could apply for a title. This is WA though, don't know if it's different in OR......

plan for vin

This is my plan. I am building it, then I'll have it registered and vin issued as a street rod after we're done. It's taking a while though, it's gonna be a few years.

Latest posts

Back