Virginia Support needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still Runnin

On behalf of the Crosley 301 pole car, located in Mechanicsville, VA.,
Still Runnin Magazine, an automotive publication based in Mechanicsville,
would like to make an official announcement to the residents of
Hanover County, surrounding neighbors and interested parties.
We at Still Runnin Magazine are acting as home base for the Crosley 301 pole car rescue effort.

There has been much internet discussion by many groups expressing their concern after "the Mechanicsville Local" newspaper released an editorial on January 7th, 2009 titled, "301 Corridor Work Moves Ahead". The editorial brought both awareness and attention to the community with the statement that read; "the "little car on the pole on U.S. 301 will be coming down as progress moves forward on the corridor."

We have been and continue to be in close communication with the owners of Atlee Auto Service. It is true that the Crosley on the 301 pole has been ruled to come down, but not by the choice of the property owners. Understand that it is solely Hanover County officials who have chosen the fate of the 301 pole car.

Still Runnin Magazine is making a public plea to all concerned individuals to assemble together as one unit in order to be effective as an organized group. The mission is to reverse the county's decision to take down the pole car.

Call this project: the "Little Car That Should". Yes, the "Little Car That Should" stay right where it has been for all these years on the 301 corridor in Mechanicsville, VA. as a piece of the community's history.

There have been numerous offerings from individuals and groups to save the Crosley. With all of our efforts brought together working as one powerful force, we can win the battle that lies ahead to save the Crosley.

If you are interested in banning together to help our effort, please register on Still Runnin Magazine's Forum called the "Runnin Board" and ban together or
e-mail me at [email protected] for more information and updates.

"The Little Car that Should" ..... STAY Needs volunteers to raise public awareness of its fate ... Sign Boards, Petitions and Public Attendance and the like. Please help us with project.

Respectfully,
CEO and Publisher of
Still Runnin Magazine
www.stillrunnin.com
[email protected]

301 pole car pics

then and now shots

Attachments

• LawhornAuto-Pole_4-79.jpg
    LawhornAuto-Pole_4-79.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 301 lea 701.jpg
    301 lea 701.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
Crosley!

I love the little Crosley and hope it can stay put or find a good home!

ISore

IF they are forced to take it down, and I hope it can stay put, Someone should build a nasty rat out of it and terrorize the corridor of Mechanicsville with it. Then the folks who voted to take it down would regret their decision and wish it were back on its pole. Best of LUCK!!!

301 pole car

Oh now that is Funny ... like Christine ... lol

Anyone that has any pics or stories, memories, and the like please email them to me in hi res at [email protected] we are trying to make a display board of the Crosley in a time line along with a feature story for county use and SRM.

Save the 301 pole car

Anyone interested in helping the cause I have Flyers and petitions ready to go, please email me so i can send them to you. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back