VW Roadster done!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutman

Got it done 3 days ago. Had a couple test runs to town without incident... :D
In those the last two days the car was featured on the local news with the news guy sitting it and doing the weather and promoting our show (in conjunction with a local flying club) the following day. Got back from the show and the car was a hit! I spent most of my time answerring questions about it. Didn't get to look at too many other cars... kinda cool tho'... being the guy talking about his car instead of being the guy askin' about it. I know it's not for everyone but it was a fun/inexpensive build that my son and I did, from start to finish, together.
2008VistaField001-Copy.jpg

VistaGTG020.jpg

VistaGTG009.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great VW your son & you built. It deserves all the attention it gets.

Last edited:
Rockin'!!!

Cutman,
Your ride is ROCKIN' dude! Always loved Vbugs & yours is a great example. That outta be a great cruiser! Have fun!!!

BoB

mpg

Hey Cutman, nice lookin' ride. What kind of mpg does it get, I'm wagerin' up around the 40mpg range. Looks like it's a really fun cruiser. Your son will have some fun with it also, no doubt. :D

I'll tell ya.........I've recently seen some bitchen' dubs.......yours included. Neat ride.

Ratty46

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

Mate it came out just fine...heck it came out GREAT, you and your son have every right to be proud.

So whats next? Whats the point in child labour if you don't explolit it. :D Get him involved in the next one.

A BIG thumbs up guys.

thank you...

All the thumbs up are super. Didn't know how well it would be received not being "traditional". We took it to an informal get together last night. About 40 streetrods and my lil VW hiboy... It got as much, if not more, attention than the the $50k rigs that were there. Spent about 3 hours there and most of that talking about the car to folks with questions about it. Very positive night. The boy got to see that you build a car cuz you want to... and then a bunch of people may even like what you've done. He thought all the attention the car was getting was really cool.

Nice to run into the Caddad... in real life. Thanks for the props on the car.

Accessories!

Well, I have about 150 miles on the Bugster since hittin' the road with it. I am having a blast! Still love all the great feed back here. Thanks for being so cool with the "non-traditional" rod.
Since things seem to be going so well on the road I started adding a couple of accessories. I built a speaker box and installed my stereo... oh, and the silver button next to the glove box is my oo-ga horn.
stereo...
radio060.jpg

radio061.jpg

speakerbox002.jpg

Take care.

Love the bumper sticker in the glove box, used to work for them and the other, now-expired, VW Magazine. Used to hit the Burger Meet/Shoreline College/Drag Races every July.
Is that a beam extender, or a regular dropped tube axle? I was the one that did the story in Hot VWs about the SoCal Look kit...

second showing...

600 cars at a show in my area. Took the car out for the Friday night cruise. People line the steets to see the cars. Was a good time. My kids threw 14lbs of candy to viewers. Just to let you guys see that something I built actually runs.
cdnparade2.jpg

CDNparade.jpg

The following day at the show... everyone loved tha car.
cdn08007.jpg

Nice Job cutman & son ! VDubs as rods work. A pretty traditional, non-traditional. Gives me some ideas once I get the Plymouth done (?).

Latest posts

Back