Walkin' the Dog!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Sorry O/T but I couldn't resist...

Today in Rock History: 1963 ~ Rufus Thomas hits #5 on the R&B chart and #10 on the pop chart with "Walking the Dog". I was a teen & this song was rockin' the radio & the hit of every dance!!!

BoB

I remember 1963 and songs like "Hey Paula, Devil in Disguise by Elvis, If I had a Hammer, Be My Baby, SURF CITY by Jan & Dean, Sugar Shak, Blue Bayou by Roy Orbison, Wipe Out and He's So Fine....but I don't remember walkin da dog!!..:D...:rolleyes:

What about....

1963 ? the only songs I remember are 'Itzy bitzy spider' and 'Go to sleep little baby':D

"I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck anddddd a hug around the neck!!"....

If you don't know how to do it, I'll show you how to walk the dog....[cl

Bruno....you're killing me....LOL...."I can do it with a yo yo".....LMAO!!

Yeah, it's all relative to what age we are. One time I worked for a radio station and I put on an oldies show at a local mall. We had all 50's rock and roll. An old man was standing next to me and he said "I thought they were going to have oldies here.........these sure aren't the oldies I remember !! " :D

Don

In the 50's and 50's we had a predominately black radio station in Pittsburgh, WAMO, and one DJ on there was Porky Chedwick. He was the "Daddio of the raddio" and we all thought he was black. Turned out he was white though.

Those days were pretty segregated but all us white kids secretly listened to WAMO because their music was so much better than Pat Boone and Summer Love ! :rolleyes: I played sax in a few rock groups and learned most of how to play from recording stuff off of WAMO on my reel to reel recorder and replaying it over and over.

We actually played a few gigs for Porky and he had a habit of yelling over the mike on parts of the song he liked. I remember him yelling "blow the horn, blow the horn" at the top of his lungs on some of my solos. :D Those were great times.

I just found this on YouTube. This is the show I listened to every day after school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcMIT8GPrhc&playnext=1&list=PLFFB87FEAD4CFCAAE&feature=results_main

Don

Last edited:
In 63 I was just the gleam in my mommas eye.LOL I Like a lot of old music but never heard this one.

Hi Everyone

I dont know about you guys but I did a lot of stupid stuff back in the late 1970's and kept those stupid ways way into this century too...finally gave all that stupid stuff up Mar 23 , 2007. So when I hear music from that era and I flashback instantly to my stupid times again...the guys in the shop listen to what they call "Classic Rock"...all the stuff they played on that radio station is from like 1975 to 1985....AeroSmith...Rolling Stones...ReoSpeedwagon...Kansas...Bad Company...etc etc etc.....and the sad part is they play the same stuff everysingle day...I am getting so sick of reliving my stupid times over and over again....makes me wanna go buy Gremlin or a Pacer...maybe a Pinto or a Vega too...

Funny how music brings it all back again....

MikeC

Latest posts

Back