Walnut river sentinel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tw7256

This is west of my house about 2 miles. I thought the river had taken it away years ago but with all the leaves gone it's visible from the road. I took a little hike with my camera to check it out.

walnutsentinal018.jpg

By tw7256 at 2011-12-27

I think it is a 1958 model. It was 3 on the tree. Motor and tranny are gone.

walnutsentinal013.jpg

By tw7256 at 2011-12-27

walnutsentinal011.jpg

By tw7256 at 2011-12-27

walnutsentinal008.jpg

By tw7256 at 2011-12-27

walnutsentinal012.jpg

By tw7256 at 2011-12-27

I needed the exercise and even scored a couple mementos.

Looks like there might be a couple decent wagon-specific parts there. Is it on your property? If so that's great, but if it isn't then I hope your "mementos" weren't from the car...

It's been setting there at least 40 years. I imagine the owner is dead by now. That tree is all that kept it from washing into the river. There ain't much on I would consider usable. I guess someone would.

Its a 1959 model and there are some parts on there that are worth a lot of money! The tailgate works on the Ranchero model as well as the wagon and I sold one on ebay a couple months ago for 650 bucks! all the aluminum trim is worth a mint also! you should grab everything you can! Cool find!

Its a 1959 model and there are some parts on there that are worth a lot of money! The tailgate works on the Ranchero model as well as the wagon and I sold one on ebay a couple months ago for 650 bucks! all the aluminum trim is worth a mint also! you should grab everything you can! Cool find!

You do realize it isn't his car or his property right? If you get permission from the owner that's one thing, but otherwise it is STEALING. Doesn't matter if anyone has touched it in the last 40 years - If it isn't yours then leave it alone. Nothing lower than a thief...

Latest posts

Back