War Bird

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol Blue

A friend of a friend owns this Gruman TBM Avenger. It was a carrier based torpedo bomber used in WWII, one of about 15 still in flying condition. He had it in Waterloo for an air show and Tuesday night we got a pre-showing. I couldn't resist parking under the wing to get a couple of pics.

Blue

Attachments

• TBM 1 small.JPG
    TBM 1 small.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 141
  • TBM 2 small.JPG
    TBM 2 small.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 120
That's awesome Ol Blue...especially with the blue truck/blue plane and with your warbird style air cleaner. Really neat.

Gas,
My truck does have a very slight blue tint, especially in pictures, but it is actually Light Ghost Gray (also a military aircraft color). I got a small jar of touch up paint at a hobby store that sells model airplane kits and it is a perfect match. Makes me invisable to radar, too, right?

The Avenger had a civalian life fighting fires and the machine gun turret had been removed. The current owner located and bought a turret and I had a very minor role in the cosmetic restoration of it. Quite an honor for me.

Latest posts

Back