Warning !! wear Safety glasses!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny1

Callin' him Tiny is like callin' Dirty Harry a bea
Warning Safety glasses are to be wore over eyes not on forehead!! I know this now because the last 2 days I've been in pain after having a small grinding ember removed from my eye. The bad thing is i had my glasses on but not over eyes I forgot to pull them down. Cost me a trip to ER and eye doctor Plus I've lost two days working on my truck :(
Lesson learned the hard way

I agree!!!

Tiny,
I'm with ya on this 1!!! I had the same thing happen a couple months ago & have sworn to use safety glasses no matter what I'm doing in the shop!!! Slipped up again last nite & got it again usin' my plasma cutter... no fun today!!! My eyesite is already bad enough... definitely don't wanna make it any worse! Plus I can't stand to have anything in my eye like that... it bugs me no end!!!

BoB

I've been to the emergency ward a couple of times getting slivvers removed, and one time the Dr told me I was about 24 hours away from going blind in that eye. My Son Dan had to have rust ground out of his eyeball one time. :eek:

I now have safety glasses spread all over the shop and we use them religiously.

Good tip, hope you are ok Tiny.

Don

Hope that eye heals up soon Tiny. I've taken a couple of trips to the eye Dr before to have metal fragments removed. It's no fun.....and it hurts.

Same boat here, no fun having metal drilled out. Hope it feels better soon.
The worst is when one bounces around the glasses and still gets in your eye. At least it is ususally not embedded then.

I got tired of getting stuff in my eyes and bought a full shield and cut it off just under the nose works well, after you get used to wearing it.:eek: Hope you get better soon.

Been there, done that , with and without glasses, 3 times now, I guess my right eye is slightly magnetic. I'm going to get some safety goggles before i start my chop next week.

The E R took the piece of metal out the eye doc got the rust ring . Man i would love to have some of those drops he put in my eye no pain until it wore off .
I've got to go back today to see him but eye feels much better this morning

that sucks dude, i've been lucky so far but have started using them more and more. I need to just start putting them on before i do anything else from now on.

Sorry to hear about your eye but thanks for the reminder, YOu only got two eyes you got to take care of them

Rusty

Yeah nothing crazier than having that dremel tool run across your eye. I went almost 2 days with the sliver in my eye. I would go out in the sun and my eye would close immediatly I guess the metal was heating up. I bought goggles they suck but I always get stuff in my eye.

I had a friend of mine giving me a bad time about always wearing a respirator when I weld, I asked him " Who will support your kids if you are killed or injuried playing in the garage?" he got real quite after that.
SAFTEY, if not for your self, for those who depend on you.

Pablo

Latest posts

Back