water spots on glass

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a polishing compound that is made for glass, that will take out a bunch, and you will need several gallons of elbow grease.

The spots are etched in slightly. The polishing compound is made for taking out fine scratches in glass, rule of thumb is: if you can feel the scratch, it won't come out.

you can also try vinager. Thereis also commercial remover available but its very potant, you have to wear a mask and rubber gloves, and don't get it near your paint.

1. Prepare a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar.

2. Soak a towel in the mixture and wipe down the area, making sure to keep it wet.

3. Drape the towel on the area for a few minutes so that it stays in contact with the surface.

4. Repeat the above process for severe spots.

Yes, Vinager is the best solution, and it even helps to wash the ride under a shader. Most spots form from direct sunlight drying the water on the glass.
I have used newspaper to dry my glass as soon as the glass was washed. it helps to collect the mineral deposits befor they get baked to the glass.:eek:

ok, so i figger i just wasted an hour of my life trying vinegar and/or toothpaste combinations, either i'm a dumbass (most likely possibility) or we got different water here, or it just don't work.....i let it soak, i rubbed real hard.....

oh, btw, my truck smells minty fresh and it probably won't get a yeast infection for a while.............

i used to detail cars and we used steel wool it wont scratch the glass but is abrasive enough to remove the mineral deposits. just rub it good and stay away from paint and then use rainx to finish it off. the wool is also great to take off the mold that builds up on the exterior rubbers like weather stripping just dont go too crazy on the rubber.

When i worked at the body shop we did exactly what Bandit said, steel wool. We even used it as a final prep for every car going out the door. Use fine, like 00 or 000 and it will leave the glass very smooth and clean.

Don

Latest posts

Back