We should never forget..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

What happened on this day in 1944.. 69 years ago today marks the beginning of the Normandy invasion by Allied forces..or D Day as we know it.the beginning of the end of the german rampage across europe...
My dad was there that day, 325th glider infantry...We owe that generation a debt that can never be repaid..

Hi Tim...OK

Thank you for bringing this history back to life for us...makes me wonder when I see so many VW's and all the Asian cars on our roadways...our ancestors fought and died to keep those people at bay...now we gladly invite them into our life (and garages too) on a daily basis and dont think twice about it.....no Jap crap or German vehicle type stuff allowed at my place...makes you also think what if we didnt have the Jeep and tenacity and the man power that we had...we might all be drinking warm beer and or eating rice...our kids have no ties to this war anymore...kinda sad actually...

MikeC

Hi Tim...OK

Thank you for bringing this history back to life for us...makes me wonder when I see so many VW's and all the Asian cars on our roadways...our ancestors fought and died to keep those people at bay...now we gladly invite them into our life (and garages too) on a daily basis and dont think twice about it.....no Jap crap or German vehicle type stuff allowed at my place...makes you also think what if we didnt have the Jeep and tenacity and the man power that we had...we might all be drinking warm beer and or eating rice...our kids have no ties to this war anymore...kinda sad actually...

MikeC

Agreed!!

Hi Tim...OK

MikeC

We see German and Asian cars on our roads because our ancestors fought and died to free the people of Germany and Japan from oppressive murderous regimes. Our kids do have ties to WW2, they’re free! And so are the kids of Germany and Japan, like you said, thanks to our ancestors. Granted, our tenacity, our manpower and the Jeep won the war but today is a new day and our former enemies are now our allies and I’m free to have an Audi and a Porsche parked in my garage. We invite “those” people into our lives because America’s about freedom and it’d be duplicitous not to. [S

We see German and Asian cars on our roads because our ancestors fought and died to free the people of Germany and Japan from oppressive murderous regimes. Our kids do have ties to WW2, they’re free! And so are the kids of Germany and Japan, like you said, thanks to our ancestors. Granted, our tenacity, our manpower and the Jeep won the war but today is a new day and our former enemies are now our allies and I’m free to have an Audi and a Porsche parked in my garage. We invite “those” people into our lives because America’s about freedom and it’d be duplicitous not to. [S

Exactly, thanks [cl

Sometimes I do like rice or a warm beer. But not together, because the beer expands the rice and then I can't drink as much.

Think about this. Part of the reason the Third Reich came to power is because Germany was punished so hard after WWI. And WWI was a war about nothing in particular started by the assassination of someone not that important.

The smart thing to do is defeat your enemies and assimilate them. And that is what we did after WW2.

Hi Tim...OK

MikeC

I'm with you, Mike.

Blue

My Father, both Grandfathers and 2 Uncles were there and proud to be so.
Thankful to them and everyone else who put their lives on the line to make future generations lives easier.
Couldn't find a European or North American made computer to type this on so won't complain about imported goods.

Latest posts

Back