Weird Scenes From Inside the Goldmine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

I am looking at a Studebaker PU to maybe buy, but can't get over the factory Bed fit they did. Heres a pick I got from eBay of one. They were about to go under at the time, so I think it was just a lack-o-money thing--sure is ugly--

I thought a thread of weirdness from the factory might be interesting. Anyone got any factory made car bloopers to share. ??

PA41

Attachments

• !B3+4hmw!mk~$(KGrHqMOKm4E)6t92wdMBMoOFNHFK!~~_3.jpg
    !B3+4hmw!mk~$(KGrHqMOKm4E)6t92wdMBMoOFNHFK!~~_3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64
The 61-63 F100 non-unibody had the previous 57-60 bed from the factory. Didn't match. Pic of mine from before I 'fixed' it:
attachment.php

Ride the highway west, baby....

when I was in portugal in 92 I saw a new Dodge truck that looked just like the studie there. Manufacturers made all kinds of weird stuff all over the world

when I was in portugal in 92 I saw a new Dodge truck that looked just like the studie there. Manufacturers made all kinds of weird stuff all over the world

The US companies would send the 'old' previous years tooling to other countries and they might use it for several years. So what we think of as a 1968 model might have been a 1972 model in Brazil. I'm guessing the older basic motors were also produced much longer in other countries that have no EPA restrictions.

Latest posts

Back