Welding table

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT

Well I came accross this at the curb. Thought I could use this as a portable fab table. Any ideas on how to make it better. Any pics of your portable welding tables. I don't have a lot of space in the garage. I'd like to be able to take it apart and put it back together as I need it.

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 55
Nice score!

Cut the legs off. Weld three or four 3" sections of pipe/tubing to the underside of it. Get three or four longer sections (30"-35" in length) of pipe/tubing that would slip inside the 3" sections. These would serve as legs. If you wanted, you could even weld a caster at the end of each leg. When you're done using the able, take the legs off and put it against a wall! [cl

im with the other two on this one, you are going to want to stabilize the base with the legs on the outside rim (or close to it). the last thing you want is for the table to tip over because there is too much stuff on one side.

maybe you could weld small steel tubing to the underside and slip on another tube just slightly larger and place a codder pin in to keep it secured. then when you want to stow it, all you need to do is remove the pins, turn the table up and put the legs under the table. You might even be able to weld some clips under the table to attach the legs too.

i guess my second part was just an elongation and elaboration of what motorhead already posted.

Little offtopic....

I had picked up a used chop saw from a guy yesteday, and he gave me a pretty good idea (or I thought it was). He used old ironing boards as weld tables / paint tables. Fold up small hung them on a wall, and are fairly sturdy...

that isnt a bad idea at all. most ironing boards can be set to different heights too so that would come in really handy.

Latest posts

Back