Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a week

A little update on the dist. fiascoes, pulled the engine, dropped the pan and oil pump and with a sledge hammer and long bar drove the bottom of the broken dist and drive shaft out. Everything looked ok so I put it back together with a HEI dist and Quadrajet carb and manifold. Looks a little more like a "rat" thing. (I was asked at the show what style it was? I said "rat kustom" they seem ok with that) But with my luck I did some thing wrong putting the pan back on[S On the first trip down the freeway it started blowing oil all over the place. Around town nothing bad happened, only at highway speed, so now i'll pull the front cover and see whats up :( That should be easier than pulling the engine and dropping the pan again. There's a big cruize next week in Ontario, Ca i hope to make.
Sorry for carrying on so long but like i said "what a week"
You have a good week.

Not a bad little engine if i can stop the oil thing[S

a-HEIdist_zpsf4ea6a68.jpg

OK, I'll quit. :cool:

Why is the area behind the Sprint seat so big?

So a dummy that cuts 15" out of the bed has some place to put a gas tank.

db2fe6be-b6b4-4dec-92c8-a4bae2139522_zps0e4121b9.jpg

I went with the non digital fuel gauge
2320d702-da63-4539-b8f3-f5a16ac7a132_zpsff33d137.jpg

Seems like a good place for cap [S
c89d9a15-3899-4183-b7ef-88ae7a0fdca0_zpse6eb0e71.jpg

It has about 300 miles and no break downs, yet :rolleyes:

That's my kind of fuel gauge. I've never had one fail. The only problem with mine is trying to see how much gas I've got when going down the road when it's behind me, outside in the bed.

Your ride's looking good. Enjoy!

That's my kind of fuel gauge. I've never had one fail. The only problem with mine is trying to see how much gas I've got when going down the road when it's behind me, outside in the bed.

Your ride's looking good. Enjoy!

Pops, this one is in the cab but I don't bend enough to see it behind the seat. I used this on my Willys build and I couldn't see that one either but it give us an idea of whats left. [S

Wow, love the fuel gauge idea.... That distributor ordeal sounded painful! Glad you got her going again!

Thanks but it's not my idea, copied from old fire engine water tank gauge, they never fail.
I've asked around about the dist. thing and no one has ever heard of one seizing on the inside of the block [S Live and Learn :confused:

over 300 miles and not more big problems [cl The first long road trip will be July 24th, Arroya Grande, Ca show and cruise, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Every time i turn my back she finds something else to weld [;)

b0b028bd-084c-48e9-ab16-a09a392fd6b5_zps786690c9.jpg

Have a great day [cl

I'm guessing those of you who have been doing this for awhile know this will work but I was blown away with it. [S
Finished stripping the hood, it had that nice fresh shinny look, I did not take a picture but it was much like the rear quarter in the picture below so I thought what could I do. Went to the kitchen and found some rock sea salt in a grinder. Ground up about 3 tablespoons worth, mix it with 2 pints of water sprayed in on and the next morning this is what it looked like :eek:
Thats all, just wanted to share it. :cool:
(see next post, it's that one picture at a time thing[S)

It doesn't like my pic? It's getting late. I'll do PB in the morning, but it looks pretty good.

Attachments

• spr 0297.jpg
    spr 0297.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 44
I'm guessing those of you who have been doing this for awhile know this will work but I was blown away with it. [S
Finished stripping the hood, it had that nice fresh shinny look, I did not take a picture but it was much like the rear quarter in the picture below so I thought what could I do. Went to the kitchen and found some rock sea salt in a grinder. Ground up about 3 tablespoons worth, mix it with 2 pints of water sprayed in on and the next morning this is what it looked like :eek:
Thats all, just wanted to share it. :cool:
(see next post, it's that one picture at a time thing[S)

It doesn't like my pic? It's getting late. I'll do PB in the morning, but it looks pretty good.

Looks great soltz.[cl[cl
Lots of different recipes for promoting rust. Some others are vinegar and bleach(Kind of stinky) as well as 4 parts hydrogen peroxide to 2 parts white vinegar and some salt added.
If your daughter is looking for things to weld send her to my house. With the way my eyes are it is getting harder and harder for me to weld.[;)[;) And I've got a whole custom truck to finish yet...
Drive on.
Torchie.

Looks great soltz.[cl[cl
Lots of different recipes for promoting rust. Some others are vinegar and bleach(Kind of stinky) as well as 4 parts hydrogen peroxide to 2 parts white vinegar and some salt added.
If your daughter is looking for things to weld send her to my house. With the way my eyes are it is getting harder and harder for me to weld.[;)[;) And I've got a whole custom truck to finish yet...
Drive on.
Torchie.

You be hard pressed to get this California girl to get near any place that snows as much as you's guy do :eek:
Thanks for the kind words. It is great getting to drive around :p

WOW another month gone by !

I don't think i shared any pix of the new gas tank [S so here it is. Haven't done much but drive it lately [cl Not a work on it day, raining pretty good (for calif) and the garage is full =-(
everyone have a good day

db2fe6be-b6b4-4dec-92c8-a4bae2139522_zps0e4121b9.jpg
[cl

Latest posts

Back