Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh I see, that is most places.... people they have working for them know nothing about there products!!!

For the most part I am happy with the stuff I got from them. I need to pull the one valve off and clean it up, it is a bit sticky. But that isn't their fault, its just that its an old valve. The only other thing I don't have on my air setup that I NEED to get is a water trap. I want a couple auto drain units, just need to drop the coin and get them. Probably need to put a drain on the bottom of my air tank as well.

yeah I always consider that stuff to be more of a suggestion....... but anyway, they would probably also tell you that my air tank is not enough but it seems to work just fine. ;)

cautch up

so been on vac. a while and now back at it a little bit. the floors are in, seam sealed and undercoated. air bags are in, I think it might be low enough for an old guy. Got a get the rear brakes done and the trans serviced and the body goes back on. [c Hubcaps [S

l
spr0248_zpsce9274a0.jpg

spr0251_zps76f7cee5.jpg

spr0257_zps4f3a4012.jpg

Ditch the caps........ keep the beauty rings..... maybe some baby moons.....

Any plans for further exhaust work? I might recomend at least something to turn it out..... :D

I'm signed up!

Loving this build! Looks like a lot of fun, definitely cool to have the family in on it also! I'm mentally prepping for the chop of my 40 Chevy.... what fun....what fun!

Thanks, think about it for a long time before you start cutting. Be one with the car and visualize the end result, good luck [cl

Neverdone sorry no, been doing lots of little stuff, shock mounts, got it off the rotisserie and starting on the bed. I'll get some pix up soon. We still have 8 months of our target 12 month build, not done but driving [S

Not much new

This is about it for now. Front shocks on. Carb rebuilt, sure not sure if it's a boat motor or not [S but it runs [cl Some what of a exhaust system going together and took it of the rotisserie.
Figuring out the bed chop is a little [S

Hope the day find you all with gas in the tank and bugs off the windshield.

Attachments

• spr 0248.jpg
    spr 0248.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 58
  • spr 0249.jpg
    spr 0249.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 58
  • spr 0250.jpg
    spr 0250.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 59
Back to cutting

After a little time off in Colorado with grand daughter and a little rain [S
Daughter and I got the first cut on the tail section. It's funny what you don't think of when you think of things [S
Much like the top the tail piece gets taller and wider when changing things.
Oh well I love fab and I think I'm in for some here. Also you find bondo in the funniest of places:mad:

Attachments

• spr 0261.jpg
    spr 0261.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 72
  • spr 0262.jpg
    spr 0262.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 66
  • spr 0272.jpg
    spr 0272.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 76
  • spr 0270.jpg
    spr 0270.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 69
  • spr 0271.jpg
    spr 0271.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 64
the 1978 caballero I was going to use for the chassis of one of my projects had that much body filler in that same area... maybe it was a factory uh oh? I was cutting the bed and stuff up to use for filler panels so I tossed that part.

GOOD LUCK!

Latest posts

Back