Well i made the trade.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotroddaddy

I went and traded the merc today for a 55 ford panel truck and a vw thing. The truck is a little more rough than i would like, but it will be real nice after a good cleanup. thats how i got him to throw in the vw, since he`s getting a solid car.Ill post some pics when i get them here.

Kool!

HRD,
I know u'd been lookin' & glad u found somethin'!!! My Dad & I had a Thing years ago & had lots of fun with it! Also love panels & found a nice one recently but the guy still wants too much $$$. Can't wait to see some fotos!!!

BoB

We had a Thing that we pulled the engine out of when my Kids were in High School to make them a Bug daily driver. Now the darned "things" (pun intended) are worth a fortune. We scrapped the entire car once the engine was out. :eek:

I think they call these type 181's John, and there are forums and parts places where you can get every part for them. It'll make you a cool little beach cruiser for up in Jacksonville. :)

You could always put a surrey top on it, but maybe use some skulls to dress it up a little. :D:D

Don

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 22
not the merc.....two for one is cool though :p i always had a fascination with things when i was in high school, i wanted an orange one. panel trucks are sweet too, i want to see pics of that.

Thanks guys, im kinda sad to see the merc go too ,but im real excited to start another build. Plus the panel is way more solid than the merc ever was, so in the end ill end up with a better ride!

And yes i do need them rear doors RHR, pm me a price please.

My camera is broke right now, so i did not get any pics when i looked at it yesterday, but were gonna bring it up next weekend, so once their here ill take some pics.I have no idea yet what direction im gonna go with them, i know i have to tear it down first and clean up all the rust.

It looked to be a real cool ride once, it is white and teal, with a big surfing logo on the side, but the bad part is it has been sitting for atleast 3 years in edgewater, so the salt air rusted every part of the undercarriage, mostly surface rust, but all the lines are gonna need replacing.

The body is mostly solid with the exception of the doors and lower rockers. Its a little more work than i wanted to get into, but i really love panel trucks so im gonna dig in, plus the room that beast has in it will be perfect for the kids. Plus the vw will be a fun side project also. im sure the kids will love to ride in it!

Well i got the truck today, its a little rough in spots, but really solid where it counts so far, it will be a couple of weeks until i really dig in, but i have a good feeling from what ive seen so far. The best part is i have found no bondo, so it seems to be just rust from sitting in fla for 3 years, you guys from here know what that will do to a car! Ill get pics as soon as i get a new camera.

Sounds great HRD. I'm glad that you got a nice solid truck to work with and that you are happy with it. I'm looking forward to the build.

I know that Fl rust can kill a car pretty quick. If we leave anything in the yard, in a matter of months, the whole bottom starts to rust, corrode, and deteriorate.

Latest posts

Back