what are friends for?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minister of Sinister

well our car club put on a show two weeks ago, we had a custom One off car for sale there, we had two people ready to buy the car, well there would have been trading and cash, one guy offered a really nice vette and 12k, than things changed we saw two of the club members talking to boths interested parties, and after that there didn't seem to be any more interest from them
ok two weeks go by we call one of the people he happened to give us his phone number, he said he didn't want to get anyone angry but that the two other club members told them our car was only worth 1/2 of what we was asking, oh did i mention the other two club members sell hotrods for a living,
not sure how to handle this, but after thinking about it i think i will just no longer try to sell cars locally at the shows, and if we do, we will ask the interested party to leave the show with us to talk about the car,
oh to let you know what kind of car club it is, if you don't have 30k into your car and didn't pay someone to build it, it ain't worth anything your asking,
it is the only thing going in town and there are about 1/2 of the guys i like and make you feel welcome in the club,
life in the big city (in the minds of the 30k guys) really it is just a small town very small town, if your not born here you aint nothing,
well there i got it off my mind I hope, maybe i can forget and forgive, if i say something to any other member it will be the end of my membership.
it all good, I will just laugh it off
I feel better now not lol

That is why I don't want or need a car club. I am kind of on my own out here and compared to what you describe I am glad of it. I am sorry they did that, to me very gutless. They should be upfront and say what they mean. Dirty dogs anyway. Keep your chin up. Guys like that always get what they deserve eventually.

Start your own car club. It's happened here also, too many "money builds" or keeping up with the Jones'. My area has 2 clubs, one started from a splinter group when the fur started flying one night at a meeting. Too much B/S for me in either one. Both sides keep asking when are ya gonna join again? Not soon that's for sure! Just remember, what goes around, comes around!...:DCR

I would have a few choice words for those guys and start talking about how their cars are so over priced and only worth about 1/2 of what they're asking. Those guys are really CS's & not your friends by any means!

ISore

well come to mention, it a few of my friends and me are talking about a new club, what do you think of the name we are rolling around, penny pinchers
the idea is to build the best driver with safty in mind at the lowest cost, bragging rights goes to the guy who builds the safest driver, must be dependable, at the lowest cost, would have a hub cap as a trophy every 6 months, I hope we pull it off this summer, I am the gamest of the idea, just need the other guys to want it like me, I like people to hang out at the shop talking about the cars and trucks, that is fun stuff trading parts,
Summer is the best around my shop i live right on the high way speed limit is 30 mph, so if it is a nice day and people see my garage doors open i get lots of company, now that is fun stuff,
I start on a project in the morning ona great day, by days end, as long as the doors are open, soon there will be 6 or seven guys working on the rat, now that is some fun stuff.

Doesn't sound like you need a club M.o.S. :) You are having a good time without rules. I have had my stuff on the driveway with the doors open and nobody has stopped to visit for weeks now. I'm thinking of investing in a flashing neon free beer sign.

thats the way it is around here to but the truth is there are only a few guys i like in the car club , i am not a member never been ask and wouldnt join if i was, in blount county not even a handful of ratters! so i just dont care i dont go to the shows most of the time cause it the same old thing and $10 to park ! $10 in gas and i can have more fun cruzin!

Doesn't sound like you need a club M.o.S. :) You are having a good time without rules. I have had my stuff on the driveway with the doors open and nobody has stopped to visit for weeks now. I'm thinking of investing in a flashing neon free beer sign.

I might even drive from the coast for that!:D...CR

If the car being sold was a club car and the whole thing was voted on and agreed to by the members, then those hacks should be confronted.
I guess I've never belonged to any club, my interests are too eclectic. My club is the guys I know and hang with. One day I might be helping a Model A restorer who dislikes hotrods, the next day at another friends who collects only 57 Chevys. Or another friend that is into only old cushman's. None of them would ever get together and I would be limiting myself if I joined any club.

it's a sad day when rodders run down another guys ride....

probably a jealousy of some sort-the fact that in these troubled economic times you had a "live one" on the hook might have been more than they could take....:D

BTW never been a member of a club, never saw the need......
but to each his own.....[P

Some times to many rules and clicks can ruin a club.

We have a club that there are only to rules 1. if you show up at a big event you got to help set up and take down the tent. 2. No BS (Trouble)

The founding members enforce the rule and if you do not obay your out. So far no problems.

As for cars there are High dollar cars, Rat rods, Muscle cars ans some new muscle cars.

We have some member out of the area that we may see a couple times a year. And they are members because they like hanging out with us. usually they will show up at the Wheels of Time show which is a three day show in are area.

Oh yea. You do need to have thick skin. Your car could end up for sale without you knowing it. With sign that said. "I am selling this car because my wife thinks it a piece of junk and it has to go or I go."

We just have to much fun.

Latest posts

Back