What are good spark plugs for a Flathead

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

I need to pick up a set of spart plugs for my Flathead project. I'm running Edelbrock heads, so do I need a logger plug than stock. What plug would you recommend I run?

Also, how to you determine if you need to run a hot or cold plug? Would it be that if you're running a little rich, you'd want to run a hotter plug? If so, why wouldn't you just make carb adjustments?

Thanks,

Sid

:confused:

dont quote me on this but I think that heat ranges are dermined by running temp of the combustion chamber, changing the heat range of the plug down to compensate for higher compression wether it be static compression or super/turbocharged to prevent spark knock/detonation. When I upped the boost on my Mini cooper S the after market parts and tunig companies all recomended a 1 heat range colder spark plug to compensate for an increase of 5psi over the stock 10psi of boost.

best to check with a pro tho

i perferred ac delco r45's in mine i also use them in old harleys seem to work the best, especialy if ya have a carb the runs a little rich and is hard to tune in!

Latest posts

Back