What color ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregster

I only went to one show so far that I have'nt been asked the never ending question " What color are you going to paint it.... when you finish it ? " I know there has to be a really clever reply without coming off as a goober . I'm sure most of you have had the same question asked , how do you reply ?

They want to tell you what color to paint it. So be nice and ask them "What color would you paint it if is was yours?"..[cl

I never really looked at it from that perspective , now that you mentioned it most people do tell you what color to paint it . I have told people it was painted in 1930 , no need to mess with perfection !

Rust brown.

Sometimes it's a question to show interest from the less automotive informed. Like "what year is it?"

OR it's from the guys that think everything must be painted and new or it's garbage.

My truck has flat gray PAINT on it so I go through it too. At a show yesterday I has several people comment that I had the hard part done. I just started to smile and agree rather than try to explain all the time.

just go to sherwin williams online and find the most rediculous color name they have -- then tell them that color ---- homage to sunset or something.

I used to have people ask me what year my Harley was. for a while I replied, same year as Johnny Cash's Cadillac. Not one person ever got it. Now I thought that was darn clever at the time.
A good friend of mine drove a flat black chopped 48 F1 for years. He used to carry a rattle can of the same paint with him. When someone asked him when he was going to paint it, he would get the rattle can out and shoot a little on the fender and go "there, how's that"?

What color? I tried painting it two times but this thing is so fast the paint keep blowing off.

Or - I'm looking for a sponsor to paint it, You in?

Or Why paint it. It would hide all of my work.

I tell em
" I couldn.t make up my mind, so I cleared the primer"

Attachments

• 2010 coupe 037.jpg
    2010 coupe 037.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010 coupe 038.jpg
    2010 coupe 038.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2010 coupe 039.jpg
    2010 coupe 039.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 9
Get 'mad' and tell them "I just spent $10K on this faux patina paint job! It's the latest fad!" [cl

When i used to be asked that question about my gray primed, slammed '71 Cheyenne i just responded "It is painted" and left it at that.

Latest posts

Back