What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there is still snow in the picture.

It's a little strange this year, usually I can't put the rigs out until late march. [S Not complaining:D

Got a LOT done this weekend!

Engine in the Pontiac, or at least dangling where it is supposed to be ...

Cleared out a dead area of the "shop" and moved some useful clutter into that spot, which cleared out a lot of actual WORK space !!!

Moved chassis and cars and trucks around and got it all where no one can see from the street, which means no complaints! Stealth build mode ...

Did get in the barn for a bit on Saturday....

Finished some things on the 63..replaced an ailing radiator....fired it back up and did some carb adjustments....then tackled the no operating tire machine I got for next to nothing....it now functions perfectly....bead breaker was supposedly fubar....all it took was some cleaning, a new seal kit for the piston and a bit of adjusting...works like new...looks like heck but works like new....lol...I'll clean it up.....

Hey we got it to load....

Must have been an overload......lol...

Attachments

• Tire Machine2.jpg
    Tire Machine2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 20
I've seen it.

Yank, I agree with you that E-man is holdin' his cards too close to his vest. :( 'Cource, we might not want to see how he made a nice smooth Vette into a rat. [ddd.

I happened to be there for the front bumper test-fit. It actually looks pretty darned cool! Replacing the seats will have helped imMENSEly. Perhaps I will have to investigate further ... ;)

Yank, I agree with you that E-man is holdin' his cards too close to his vest. :( 'Cource, we might not want to see how he made a nice smooth Vette into a rat. [ddd.

Uhhh...somebody else made it into a rat when they hit a pole. Possibly due to the leaking power steering, with hydroboost means the brakes weren't working so good either. :p

Last edited:
Started my weekend early again. Scored a '40 Ford front axle for $100. Looks to be completely rebuilt with a reverse eye spring and split wishbone. Even had some decent tires. Came out of a rod that was being upgraded to Mustang II setup. I love Craigslist sometimes.

Then I did a bit of rat patrol work. Bonehead, I feel your pain. :(

I didn't get much done lately. Struggling with the last hinge for the passenger side. I tried to do a temporary fix on the passenger side hinges and wound up FUBAR...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back