What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E-man, not real sure but from what little bit of research I've done
some time in the 1930's, found 09-36 marked on some of the boards
inside....my house was built in 1900 and the original owner also
built this building using it for masonic lodge, he boarded railroad
workers when the railroad came through,also used as tomato cannery
not sure what other purpose it had,maybe to get away from the mrs.

I'm retired, so every day is the weekend!

Got that fussy bolt out last week (sawzall), so put the replacement trans in the old Chevy today. Ran out of daylight, so tomorrow I should have it back on the road, and about time!!! It's been sitting too long ...

P8180244_zpsapeccmkl.jpg

Not as fun as forbigpicture's building, but good for me! [cl

Been runnin' the big Nailhead on just the center carb for several years now & decided it was about time to hook 'um all back up so here we go! Me & carbs... always a big fight! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• 3x2.jpg
    3x2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 32
As if it isn't fast enough...:D

That's why I took the outside carbs outta the mix. It has so much torque it would get outta hand pretty easily & even the big back tires didn't help that much! Plus... at speed I would always remind myself about who actually build this rocket... me! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

May have found some buildable tin sitting in a friend's field, hope to see it this weekend!

iSore

Steering on the Chevelle started to get a lil hinky so I decided some new parts were in order! Look at the deplorable conditions I have to work in... haha! Mrs Tripper decided to put her goatie's alfalfa right in front of the back door... sure smelled good though! These are the old parts layin' on the floor... glad that's over with! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 32
On Friday I stopped and looked at potential "new to me" truck for hauling campers. It would end up with a wedge bed on it to haul a camper plus pull one.

Then Saturday me and the boy messed around with this beater.

It was rolled by a texting driver. We plan on building a low budget trail rig out of it to eventually take to Moab for Easter jeep week.

Still working on my old storage bldg.......

i've been looking for a deal on a garage door I could use .....well my buddy
calle and sai he had me a garage door if I could use it.....free just come and get
it.....I get there and it's bent all to crap. I said what happened....
he went on to tell me his story.....something about being old and foot slipping
off the brake...:eek::eek:: any way took it home and straightened good enough
to suit me.....

Latest posts

Back