What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drug my little dozer out of the shop to make more room inside. It needs brakes and clutches , so that will be down the road a piece ... but did get a lot of the shop cleaned out , not as much as I wanted but I'm working on it. now I have room for one more to go inside out of the weather if needed . When its warm outside , it just makes you want to do all kind of stuff in the shop

After bustin' my buns to get the Chevelle ready to sell I made a mess in the shop & spent time over the weekend gettin' it back in shape to continue the Nova's engine swap. Hope to get it stabbed back in over the coming weekend! [;)

BoB

Car show Saturday.Moved the Phaeton to the backyard back burner area. Took the wheels off and mounted them with adaptors on the T roadster chassis.
Built a bracket for the gastank on the Vettester. Tried to sort out what brake fittings i need. Determined there is not enough space for a mech fuel pump.
Realized that when i take the back of the Phaeton body off to use on the T i will still have all the front metal. I can shorten the frame again and have another roadster.Heavy frame, parallel leafs.Why not a V8 this time? :D

Earthman your a busy guy [cl

A little more done on a 400 yamaha for my daughter, she wants to learn to ride and my honda out weigh her by 5x, not as much welding as the sprint but she likes it.
Good news total invested to this point $200

View attachment 126018

Attachments

• Em's pic.jpg
    Em's pic.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 22
Car show Saturday.Moved the Phaeton to the backyard back burner area. Took the wheels off and mounted them with adaptors on the T roadster chassis.
Built a bracket for the gastank on the Vettester. Tried to sort out what brake fittings i need. Determined there is not enough space for a mech fuel pump.
Realized that when i take the back of the Phaeton body off to use on the T i will still have all the front metal. I can shorten the frame again and have another roadster.Heavy frame, parallel leafs.Why not a V8 this time? :D

You've grabbed my attention, let's see a pic of this Phaeton!!!

What is it?

Gettin' ready to stick the motor back in the Nova. The wire looms were lookin' ragged & the alternator is on the other side in this new setup (March mid-mount bracket kit) so I have to rewire the alternator. Also noticed the set screw on the top joint in the steering shaft was missing... not good! Also got the starter on & will set the clearances in the morn. Took all next week off so I can get the old girl back on the road again!

BoB

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14
  • motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
Managed to get my in laws house mostly cleaned out and ready to sell. Both of them are in an assisted care facility and are never going home again. :( Had a very successful estate sale selling all the furniture and tons of antiques. Very bittersweet. :( We all hated to do it but we need to move to the step. Now I have to go back to CA again and rent a U-haul or Penske truck to bring the stuff we saved back to New Mexico. :(

I was working on the Nova this morning & this hennie decided I needed some supervision! First she flew up on the grill & I shooed her off. Then she slipped under the car & proceeded with her supervising! Hens!!!

BoB

Attachments

• henny.jpg
    henny.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
We celebrated my wife's 60th birthday in Denver with about 30 friends and I picked up a new project I spent the last few weeks deciding to buy.

Kooool! My brothers had several 544's. I've seen where guys made them look like humpback Fords! Keep us posted!!! :D

BoB

I really didn't get much done this weekend. On Friday I took my new axle to the powder coater to have it done in gloss black for my 27 to replace the one that has been on there for over 25 years. (The kingpin bores got wallowed out from years and years and miles and miles )

Then I got to use my new kingpin reamer to put new kingpin bushings in the spindles. Worked like a charm.

Finally, on Saturday, Don and I pulled the heads off of the 454 engine in his boat. He was getting some water in the cylinders and the heads are going to the machine shop to see what's up with them.

Dan tells me he is not playing out of town this next weekend, so the plan is to get started (finally) on the headers for my rpu. Anxious to get that one going.

Don

The weekend started early.

Thursday took my 58 year old brother (16 years younger than me) to the hospital to have 3 liters of fluid drained from his belly.
Friday called Animal Control to have his uncontrollable giant German Shepherd removed from his apartment and destroyed.
Saturday moved him to a care facility for hospice care. He wasn't very willing. Cleaned out his hoarder's apartment. Neighboring apartment dwellers helped themselves to his stuff.
Sunday I found out from Jim that I threw some of his treasures away and he was very mad. So I emptied out a large dumpster looking for the items. Found most of them.

Last night I sat with him while he slept and realized I had turned his life upside down. Had no choice. He's dying of liver cancer and in a few day he'll most likely be gone.

since the snow melted i raked 4 big garbage bags of dog caca and leaves in the backyard.
and finally got the spotlight fixed

I'm gearin' up for the weekend. I stabbed the new bullet back in this morning & now comes the hookin' everything back up part! Can't wait to get the old girl back on the streets again & move on to my next project! [;)

BoB

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 18
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 17
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts