What do you do for a living?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retired factory worker, (I made Reynolds Wrap) my better half decided
I needed to get out of the house. So now I work part time as an
express tech at a Honda Dealership! Pretty good gig, work 7:30 to 1:00, mon. thru fri, get off when I want, I like it!!

Correctional Officer... Been doing it for 12 years now. Adult/male facility... A real PITA sometimes, but good job security.

been a "bi-vocational" Missionary Baptist preacher/pastor since 1998 and my other work from pretty much right out of school is auto-body repair & refinish...was raised on a farm, so tractor driving, cattle chasing and fence building also should go on my resume.. :)

...the church i have been at for last 5 years is pretty much a full-time job, so body work is now more of a hobby than a job...

machinist/welder/fab. the last 14 years at one company as a machinist, welder/fabricator, hydraulic pump, motor, valve and cylinder repair, mechanic for rotary blast drills. was the machine shop and hydraulic shop foreman for afew years and gave it up to go run the parts department with a office with a/c.

I've been making a living doing Boilermaker work, in refineries and chemical plants, for 30 something years with auto mechanics thrown in between jobs. I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with my co-workers, most are less than half my age, and these newer cars are getting so darn hard to work on. Special tools and all that. If I can make another six years, I'll spend my time out helping my Dad try to remember where he left his lawn mower. :)

Restoration project manager. We rebuild floods, fires, drunk people driving through their garages. Also part of a national catastrophe team that heads out to large losses like the Joplin tornado and such. Deal with insurance most of the time but a lot of self pay customers doing remodels too. Lead, mold and asbestos abatement. TONS of single family, a good bit of Multi family and commercial as well.
Started at the bottom of the barrel as day labor.

Worn a lot of different hats over the years, but spent the last 7 of them building hot rods full time with a partner. Things slowed down a bit and life happens so last year I took a job as a truck equipment mechanic doing fab/welding work, intstalls, repair and maintenance. It's back to working for the man but we have some good guys and it's definitely nice to have a paycheck every Friday. [;)

I'm actually on my third career. Out of college (mechanical engineering), I worked at several locations on the east coast for a conveyor company designing material handling systems used in warehouses. From there, I did a stint with a firetruck company designing the fire bodies for new firetrucks.

After I got tired of driving a desk, I got into the photo industry installing and rebuiding/ servicing photo equipment. Loved that job cause I got to travel all over the country (including Hawaii and the caribbean), but since we've moved into a digital world, I was forced to find something else.

I was thinking about getting back into the engineering thing, but after 12 years playing with photos, I would have had to go back to school for at least some refresher courses.

I found a job instead, that I do enjoy and make a decent buck....I'm a machinist making stuff for the health care industry. Bone screws, spinal plates, the jaws that are used to clear blocked arteries...good stuff. I must admit, that work has been busy as heck lately and have been working mostly 7 days a week since the beginning of the year. I shouldn't complain, but I sure could use a little break in the action to recharge my batteries and play with some car stuff. :D

Guess I'll jump in on this I own a trucking company 27+ trucks and we haul hazmat chemicals for Baker - Hughes halibrton and such but I also work as a night dispatsher for another trucking company good thing they are not my compatition needless to say I stay pretty busy and as a plug I could always use some good drivers !!!!!!! Chip............

Garage door repair man for the main job. Been doing that for 12 years. I also work part time at taco bell for "rod money". Been a fire fighter emt in the past. Dream job is the counter man in the parts department at the International dealership.

Right out of high school went to work driving a forklift. Then got into industral maintenance but didnt like living in East Houston.Moved back to OK went to work driving a School bus and maintenance for 20yrs, at the same time was buying rental property and went to school for HVAC.So now Im self employed with a refrigeration,appliance repair business and 13 rent houses.

Manager over the Engineering Dept at a large aerospace machine shop, been there 23 years..For the past 16 years I've been a CNC programmer, running Catia V5 among other softwares..Was a CNC machinist before that..I've had a total of two jobs, starting running CNC mills in high school making aircraft parts..

Retired form the Army after a 20 yr career. Worked as an assistant manager for AutoZone for about 7yrs. For the past 10 I've been a weapons systems tech on the Bradley @ Ft. Knox & now Ft. Benning.

high school math and science teacher at a wonderful Christian school in N.E. Oklahoma. I worked at fabrication and welding on towers for many years. Played with cars all of my life. I refuse to grow up.
My second job is as professional gospel clown. The rewards are out of this world.

been at the same printing co. since '82. Have done literally everything here including plant mgr. Now I just take care of procurement and purchasing, and approving stuff to get paid. Still not sure what I want to do when I grow up. :D

Latest posts

Back