What do you have invested in your toy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't keep track of costs. I would hate myself if I did. If I see a part I just have to have, I tend to lock my common sense in the closet and go for it if I can afford it. I usually use funds from the sale of a previous car to offset the cost of the next one...at least that's what my wife thinks. It's like an automotive pyramid scheme[ddd.

I quess it costs what you can afford to put into it...If you want to put used parts into it and trade labor to keep the costs down that's fine or if you chose to buy all new and get someone else to do the build...That's fine as well...There are NO RULES and there is not a competion to spend the least or the most on your project...I know that I have never lost money on selling any one of my rides and probably won't...and so far on my little 32 pickup I have spent more than $22000 in parts and materials, no labor included as well as equipment and power etc....and I'm good with that for I know that I can easily recover costs on it if I decide to sell...

Hi Everyone

I keep track of just about every penny I spend on my nightmare...so far my 1953 Chevy truck is about $2,500 and over 2 1/2 years lost in my garage banging my head (till it was soft) getting stuff to fit together...mine still needs wiring / front tires and I dont even know if the motor will run (250 6 cylinder). I am actually thinking about sending it down the road. These rat rod projects arent nearly as much fun as I had hoped they would be. (I still do like the way some of them look tho).

MikeC

Oh boy this could get a married man shot:eek: I do save all my reciepts motor ,tranny nuts bolts,ginding wheels I mean everything. But I have yet to sit down and count them out probably never will It's all good I'm happy with what I do........

I keep track of everything I spend minus elec,gas and my time. I work with the automotive pyramid scheme. As much as I would like new parts I use what I have, trade for, or sell stuff for. So far with what I have done or I'm working on, I'm at $0 with a pile of rusty gold.

I have spent way more than i will ever get back. I have also spent a lot in the past hanging out in bars and damn sure did not get any of that money back.

but my only wish is when I die my wife doesn't sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid

I gotta go with this!! Can't be leaving a paper trail..LOL

My buddy owns a shop & built a *really* beautiful Challenger for a guy who told his wife it cost $65K. It had the absolute best of everything & cost more than twice that much!!! It was featured in a magazine & they asked him how mucn it cost so he had to say $65K but everybody knew that was a HUGE lie!!! Oh the lil fibs we tell!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I finished a little side work for a buddy, sent him the list of parts I wanted from Speedway..He ordered them,emailed me the order confirmation..had them shipped to my work..

"Really Honey, I didn't spend a dime on them"..LOL

Latest posts

Back