What do you think about the new Vette!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferrari f12

2013FerrariF12Berlinetta1.jpg

My picture looks cooler. Your picture looks like the Dodge Stealth. Gag. Barf. Blech.

I'm taking my ball and going home. :(

Seriously though, the 'vette does look alot like a fast and furious import... and not so much like the brawny pavement ripper I relate to the Stingray handle.

Ferrari is nice.

way more character than a corvette has had in a long time i love it.

I tried a Viper a while back,me being 6'6" tall I couldn't move my leg to engage the clutch to shift because the steering wheel got in the way so I passed.
The Silver vette just does it.

I tried a Viper a while back,me being 6'6" tall I couldn't move my leg to engage the clutch to shift because the steering wheel got in the way so I passed.
The Silver vette just does it.

I've always loved Vipers, but when I worked at the bodyshop one came in for work and I had to move it around the shop. I'm only 5'9" but when I would turn my head to look behind me my head would hit the side of the roof. It was the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven.

Don

I'm really a GM guy but have just as many Fords. I can kinda see where GM's headed with this... take a look at the new Ferrari V12, the Acuru NSX, the Nissan GT-R & the Viper. They all look like they were designed by the same team. GM has some of the best designers in the world & this is what they offer... sad!

BoB

but when I would turn my head to look behind me

You're not supposed to worry about what's behind you. :D

The silver pics look better. I think because it shows of the hood lines and hides the side panels.

Maybe a cros between a Vanquish and a Lotus. Looks more European than Asian.

I like everything but the Camaro tail lights and the catfish mouth grill.

I guess I'll stick with my 86. It's paid for, and still looks good. I had to wait until it was 25 years old to afford it, if I have to wait until this one's 25 years old, I'll be 79! Probably too old for it!

Best looking Vettes made were 63s thru 67s. Went down hill from there. IMOP. Course we all know what opinions are like.:D

I'm definately not a Chevy guy and I don't know what the latest incarnation will offer but the Vette has been the best bang for the buck for a long time. It routinely trounces cars costing several times more money in road tests.The last one I drove was an 06 with an automatic. It almost got away from me when I turned the traction control off, fun car.
We have a huge Corvette rally about 10 miles from my house every summer. Thousands of them come. No old ones and anything older than about 79 will come in on a trailer anyway. Biggest bunch of spodes I've ever seen Most of them a codgerly and drive the dam things 10 mph under the speed limit.
IMHO, the Saleen S7 is the ultimate in sexy, hard to beat. Ferrari Daytona is a close second though.
All of the recent offerings just look bunched up to me. And the trend to stretch the headlight covers along the whole top of the fender just makes me wince.

I'm definately not a Chevy guy and I don't know what the latest incarnation will offer but the Vette has been the best bang for the buck for a long time. It routinely trounces cars costing several times more money in road tests.The last one I drove was an 06 with an automatic. It almost got away from me when I turned the traction control off, fun car.
We have a huge Corvette rally about 10 miles from my house every summer. Thousands of them come. No old ones and anything older than about 79 will come in on a trailer anyway. Biggest bunch of spodes I've ever seen Most of them a codgerly and drive the dam things 10 mph under the speed limit.
IMHO, the Saleen S7 is the ultimate in sexy, hard to beat. Ferrari Daytona is a close second though.
All of the recent offerings just look bunched up to me. And the trend to stretch the headlight covers along the whole top of the fender just makes me wince.

I agree, I ran with the corvette club at an event at Waterford Hills, they are definitely a crowd that feels as though they are elite... Was pretty fun to best almost all of their times with a beat up old '87 pulsar that looked stock from the outside...

I agree, I ran with the corvette club at an event at Waterford Hills, they are definitely a crowd that feels as though they are elite... Was pretty fun to best almost all of their times with a beat up old '87 pulsar that looked stock from the outside...

Well, this Corvette owner ain't that way....:D Wife all the time telling me to watch my speed.:D I'm just an old country boy with a yeller chiverlay.[ddd
I got an old rusty truck, too.:D

Latest posts

Back