WHat do you think it is worth?....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickeyscustom

Hey everyone...

I came across this 1930 Dodge 4 Door sedan the other day...and was wondering what it might be worth. The guy is indecisive in regards to the price of it, and I really don't want to offend the guy by low balling a price to him. He told me that he has the frame, fenders, hood w/sides, grill, etc...basically almost the whole car. I have attached the pics of what he sent to me, and any suggestions on a fair price to offer would be appreciated.

Michael

Attachments

• '30 dodge.jpg
    '30 dodge.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 49
  • '30 Dodge_1.jpg
    '30 Dodge_1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50
  • '30 Dodge_2.jpg
    '30 Dodge_2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 41
That's always a tough position when a seller won't put a price on it. I usually force them to, but the more stubborn they are about insisting you make an offer, the more likely they are to be offended by a low offer.
Tell him you can't buy it AND sell it and if you have to put the price on that it will definitely be a low one. The best deals are the ones you aren't afraid to walk away from.
If the grill is straight it's worth maybe a couple hundred tops and the rest of the car maybe another couple if it isn't too rusty, bent up or parts missing. Just one bad door will bog down an odd ball build to the point you'll lose interest.

First it's a Dodge not a Ford, 4 door sedan not a 2 door sedan or coupe. Also depends where you are. Here in the southwest $200-$300 tops for the body. I wouldn't bother with the frame unless you're going to restore it.

Do you want a 4dr?

When a seller asks me "well... whatcha wanna pay for it?" I tell them "I want ta pay five bucks, so what's your price?" One day over the phone I got a seller like that. I gave him ten seconds to name his price. He started rambling on again and at 10 seconds I said "times up" and hung up.

Indecisive or fishing? Unless he's a friend or neighbor, don't worry about offending him, he's already being offensive by fishing for a price from you.

Indecisive or fishing? Unless he's a friend or neighbor, don't worry about offending him, he's already being offensive by fishing for a price from you.

100% agreed. He's fishing for dollars. There IS a number in his head. If he won't come forth with it then he isn't worth dealing with anyways. Give hime Sam's ten second treatment and move on...

100% agreed. He's fishing for dollars. There IS a number in his head. If he won't come forth with it then he isn't worth dealing with anyways. Give hime Sam's ten second treatment and move on...

Yup, most of us old horse traders have been through all that. I had a woman once who insisted I make an offer. I kept saying " you must have some number in your head". Nope, no idea. So I offer $50 and she fires right up "we won't take less than $500" Ticked me off, why play games. I told her "so you did have a number then why play games, not interested in doing business".

Apparently he's not a neighbor, if he sent pics.
If it's your dream car then that's one thing if not, tell him to decide what he wants and call you when he does.
I don't like playing the fishing game either.

There is a lot of work in that car.

I would offer him $300 and see what he says.

My guess is that he thinks it is worth $2500 or so which it is not.

All these TV shows make everyone think that because it is old it is worth thousands of dollars.

Latest posts

Back