what gearbox is this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyd

can anyone identify this gearbox? it has three threaded holes on same side of shaft. not a corvair or vega found it in a junk pile now it is bad and would like to replace it without having to do a bunch of extra work.

can anyone identify this gearbox? it has three threaded holes on same side of shaft. not a corvair or vega found it in a junk pile now it is bad and would like to replace it without having to do a bunch of extra work.

You're kidding, right?

Toad

Yes, I am sure someone can.

pics

Sorry guys thought i posted the pics..I will try again

Attachments

• IMG_20120409_171451.jpg
    IMG_20120409_171451.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20120409_171422.jpg
    IMG_20120409_171422.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks but the one I have is much shorter and the bolts actually bolt directly to body. I am having so much trouble trying to identify it. I got it at a swap meet used it, now its bad and do not want to change all my steering with a new box. Thanks i will try to get better pictures

As you know now, this is a case for not using parts that you cannot identify for service duty. If it's a obscure box you're probably looking at an uphill parts sourcing battle anyways, so I would look at changing it out. With the configuration it is mounted in it shouldn't be too hard to adapt a reversed Corvair box. Then you could get rid of the sketchy welded pitman arm as well...

Latest posts

Back