What is it? Junkyard Find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy8778

Found this in a junkyard near my house. The engine looks really cool like some kind of flat head but I have no idea what it is. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC_7595.jpg
    DSC_7595.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_7593.jpg
    DSC_7593.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_7594.jpg
    DSC_7594.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 173
Big air compressor? Is the carb on the bottom of the intake sticking out below the exhaust manifold?

Whatever it is, you better buy it before somebody else gets it! :D

Big air compressor? Is the carb on the bottom of the intake sticking out below the exhaust manifold?

Whatever it is, you better buy it before somebody else gets it! :D

My dad called it an "Updraft Carb" so I think you are right. I thought it would look cool sitting on the back of this 1956 Chevy GMC flatbed. We may get it after the F100 is done.

Attachments

• DSC_6601.jpg
    DSC_6601.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 80
I've seen one of those type of things in much better shape. I think it is some sort of big fat air compressor. The motor looks like a Continential of some sort.

That thing is definately a mobile air compressor, and a high volume one at that. The engine in it does look like a continental to me. My dad had a few of these kicking around. One came from a airport tow motor, another he had pulled out of an old combine and the last one was bolted up to a generator.

That's a very cool piece you've found there. I wouldn't wait another minute to pick that up.

That looks just like the engine in a couple of combines we have and are getting ready to scrap. I thought they were old Crysler engines but IDK. Are they worth anything? Anybody running them or interested. I'd pull them before hauling the rest away if anybody is interested in them.

Latest posts

Back