What is this ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menace

Guy was gonna scrap this. I saved it just in case it was worth anything. Not sure what it's from. Any ideas ? Bolt pattern is 5 on 5".
Thanks

Attachments

• straightaxle 001.jpg
    straightaxle 001.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 75
  • straightaxle 002.jpg
    straightaxle 002.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 93
  • straightaxle 003.jpg
    straightaxle 003.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 50
Finally found some numbers on this thing. C1TT on the axle. I'm going to assume it's a 61 Ford truck axle. Now...what can I do with it :rolleyes:.

It's off a 61-63. The 3 bolt bumper bracket was used 3 years. Ford generally just stamped the date of introduction or change, not a date of production. Looks like a heavy truck, as the F100 didn't have that many leafs.

Make sure it doesn't have the double brake cylinders - you can't get parts for those. You can put disks on it fairly cheap if you can make a bracket.

Ok, I'm just throwing out useless knowledge in my head - just feels good to use it. :rolleyes:

just curious, but sam could you elaborate on the disc conversion, and would it work on a 52?

Just about a book on 48-60 truck front end options here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/10/0/ Most of it probably won't interest you as it deals more with MII replacement type stuff. But it also goes into steering boxes and such.

I used an ECI(http://ecihotrodbrakes.com/early_ford_discbrake_conversions.html) basic kit on my 63 and grabbed the rotors, calipers, etc. from junkers or bought new - total cost was about 250$ (with new master). I no longer have to stop using the brake and pray method.

The 52 axle is different, but I think it's basically the same kit - I don't know if the bracket is different or the bearings/rotors/etc.

Latest posts

Back