What is your definition of a Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye31

What is your definition of a rat rod? I am starting this thred because I feel some people have lost site of what a rat rod realy is .I have seen alot of rat rods and it seems some people are going a little to far, or are trying a little to hard to build a rat rod. Some are not verywell thought out and frankly I find them to be tastles. And others are well thought out and look great. I have been in the HotRod seen since I was in dypers, I have seen styles in the rod world come and go. but the Rat Rod is the most cotriversial style I have ever seen yet. and please post your age or when you got into the Hot rod or Rat Rod seen. you dont have to but it would be helpfull to see where you are comming from . So what is your definition of a Rat Rod?

This question has been asked over and over... you can probably drag up an old thread instead of starting a new one. No offense, I just think a lot of people are getting tired of answering this.

If I come off rude, I apologize in advance, but his topic has been covered in a dozen or more posts and it's becoming a dead horse. Haven't had my coffee yet....

Here are my 3 favorite ways of answering this question.

#1 As long as it's safe and you're having fun who cares what you call it? It's your car, build it the way you want.

#2 Rat Rods - Low buck, home built, and driven.

#3 Ratting is rod hot rodding, not making junk for junks sake.

Oh yeah - I'm 42, and not a hot rodder, I just like to make stuff.

" Be nice, I promise it's not that hard". :D Personally I don't care for requirements or rules regulating how I build my Hot Rods. Also I enjoy seeing how other people create in steel the ideas and concepts they dream up. I admire the skills it takes to design and build "show cars" as well as "Rat rods". I like the fact that we can accept the rods built by people with less skill, like me, and can be broad minded enough to congradulate them for their efforts, and consider all gear heads as brothers in this subculture we enjoy. People will always put labels on things but I think "Rat Rodding" goes deeper than that, it's not a thing it's a movement! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back