What kinda music do ya listen?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really been listen to alot of Rockabilly lately. If I here Led Zeppelin one more time, I think my head might explode...Really like Southern Culture on the skids, Reverend Horton Heat, Stray Cats, Eddie Cochran. Open to any recommendations!!! Heard alot of really good bands at some of the local events the summer. Wish I could remember there names after all that beer! I know there was a band at the Hoedown this year called New Cherry or something ,they were really decent. Dred Zepplin a roar to listen to. Have you heard Hayseed Dixie? They do AC/DC sounds to a bluegrass beat.

Heybale!

Austin, Tx has an incredible music scene so went I went to the Lone Star Round Up (one of Texas' koolest car shows, mainly ratty type cars) this year, I saw Heybale... these guys are unbelievable!!! I'm not really into Rockabilly or Western Swing but the singer & git player is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He was the git player for Merle Haggard & Dale Watson, the piano player played for Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens & The Byrds. The drummer played with Jr Brown, the Wagoneers & Johnny Bush. The bass player played for High Noon, Ronnie Dawson & Brian Setzer! Enough said... these guys are some of the best musicians I have ever heard, ck 'um out...

Heybale!!!

Western Swing is real big here & the guys & dolls danced to these guys ALL nite long!!! They ROCK!!!

BoB

Austin, Tx has an incredible music scene

As they dis years ago,,,, I remember heading down to the "Armadillo" on Fri & Sat nites when I was at Ft Hood back in the late 70's. Had a great variety of local talent across the musical spectrum.

As for what I listen to, it's more like what I don't listen to is a bit shorter And rap is definitely on that short list. Of course the usual suspects are on the listen to list, Classic Rock, Blues, a little Jazz, good old Rock & Roll, Rockabilly & even some Country (imagine a born & bred Yankee liking Country.) Then there is the unusual,,,,,,,,traditional Scottish/Celtic music & even Rocking Scottish music. You ain't heard nuthin' till you hear bagpipes rock !

I switch back and forth between rock like AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc, to stuff by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Sometimes the noise gets to me while I'm working so I put on light jazz. Dan is a Metalica fan, so we try to beat him to the shop stereo. :eek::p

Generally though, anything but country............just can't dig country.

Don

no shop stereo yet......but i'm not really into music at all to be honest. I never bothered to stick one in my truck before tearing it apart and the one in my vette is awful so i never turn it on. When i do listen to music it's rock, some rap, and occasionally country. usually though, no music at all.

I listen to everything but Rap. I like the older country[Faron young,willy Nelson,Ferlon Husky,hank thompson, Hank williams} Older rock[the Band,Stepping Wolf,Hendricks,Stevie ray,ZZ Top] and my 17 year old son re-adjust the radio everytime he gets in the car. I like some of his music but don't know the names of them. He plays guitar and bass and I listen to whatever he is playing.[new stuff} I like the blues also. It's a matter of the mood. None of the hotrods have a radio. Just the daily.TP

rockabilly music

i play in a rockabilly band out of houston called the U Joints. check us out on our myspace page if you want. www.myspace.com/theujoints. also check out the Road Kings. they' ve been out for about 15-20 years and kick it way old school. i've been known to listen to sinatra, tupac, deftones, buddy holly, afroman, dale watson, sublime, and the misfits all in the same hour. you shouldn't limit yourself. check out pep torres, heybale, the chop tops, the john evans band, jed clayton and the rockabouts, gene vincent, old elvis, carl perkins, eddie cochrane, jerry lee lewis

I like indie, its different but not out there and most people that like 70's and 80's underground would like it too. I also like some harder stuff, but then again I end up straining through rap (I'm usually in someone elses car).

some indie bands:
-Los Campesinos
-The Fratellis
-Bloc Party
-Hot Hot Heat

I like a little of everything. I grew up with rock n roll and it's my normal choice, but I also like country, oldies, swing, rockabilly, some punk and about anything else except rap (remember you can't spell crap without rap). Just went to a concert that benefits a local childrens home. The warm up group was "Shake rattle and soul" the lead singer did about as good of a version of Frankie Valley and Sherrie that I've ever heard....and that was the warm up band. The rest were the Del Vikings, Danny and the Juniors, The Vogues and Bill Haley's Comets. Not a bad line up and the host EmCee was non other then Herman of Herman's Hermits...Peter Noone. It was a great show! But now I'm listening to Nickelback and I think the Chili Peppers are next in line...can garauntee no 50cent or any other such stuff is in there

I have a tough time with rap and/or jazz. Come to think of it, opera is a bit outside the border as well!! But if you "older" guys want a bit of a chuckle, Google "Tom Rush-Remember Song". And the younger guys should check it out too, you may get to see and hear your future!:D:D Sniper

Latest posts

Back