what makes you post?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so funny about you guys thinking you're being a thread killer. I always thought that as well. As for the build threads, there are a lot of them & it's hard to keep up with them all. But as far as why I post, I'm just trying to put a smile on someones face.

When it comes to builds, I like to see where people are going with their builds, as much as anybody. But I don't usually post unless I can help, or give an "ataboy", when needed. As far as threads I start. The "views" counts keep going up, even if nobody comments.
And when I slow down on a build, I don't expect much talk. But I know how nice it is to get comments on something you have come up with, or pulled off on a build. ( like say a removable hard top pickup).

When it comes to builds, I like to see where people are going with their builds, as much as anybody. But I don't usually post unless I can help, or give an "ataboy", when needed. As far as threads I start. The "views" counts keep going up, even if nobody comments.
And when I slow down on a build, I don't expect much talk. But I know how nice it is to get comments on something you have come up with, or pulled off on a build. ( like say a removable hard top pickup).

Good job on that removable to BTW.

....but how about a few more detail pictures of it?

Still waiting [P[P[P

Cornfield your work as well as many of the people on here amazes me and it probably the fact that many of you have a lot more experience/knowledge than I do.

So usually I just ask questions.

Perhaps it’s the sitting in awe that keeps me quiet.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt” Samuel Clemens

Most build threads usually end when the builder quits posting to the thread. Most people post to document their progress and as motivation to get er done!

ISore
i am only on my 2nd build.
and i take pics of every step of the way.
when i am finished it is fun to look through the thread and think about what things worked well and what i might have done differently.
i will probably print a lot of the photo's i have posted here.
and make a photographic build log.

btw
i pretty much only post on others builds when i see something i think is cool.
attaboys are always in style.

I've never been one to get satisfaction from hurting someones feelings so if they're butchering something I just move on :)
There's people on here way more qualified to help with advice and I find mine sometimes is wrong and learn what's better :eek:
I do like to have a good time on here and poke a little fun at all of you [ddev
I also can take any amount of ribbing too :D

Jim

p.s. good thread CC

...Malevolent inhuman spirits?
...nah I try to make sure the last post on every thread says Torchmann before i can hit the sack
[cl

I'm alot more likely to post in someones build thread of a first time builder than I am one of the more experienced builders..but I do throw in a lot of "looks great" or whatever on ones I'm interested in to let'em know somebody is watching..I figure I've got nothing to offer the ones who've built a dozen cars from scratch..but the new guy who just drug the truck cab out of grandpas pasture could use some encouragement.. Part of it is i don't hang out with any "car people", this is as close to bench racing as it gets for me..A little long distance discussion is better than nothing:D

Latest posts

Back