What "style" flames do ya like?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard for me to find a flame job I don't like. The colors maybe, but not the flames.
photo13.jpg

feabc33ejpgorig-vi.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

143769.jpg

worst-paint-job-10.jpg

spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

Well, Sam has been a busy rodder! Thanks for all those examples, Mr. Fear. :) There should be something there to fit anyone's taste. I'm with Sam....Flames are almost always cool, but sometimes the colors used or the placement on the vehicle are a little "off". Now I need to go back and look at all of those again....thanks again, Sam! :D

These aren't mine, but show different styles of flames. Show us YOUR favorites! :D

attachment.php

I like the flames on that Impala, cool combo!

I see way too many amateur flame jobs where the flames are misshapen , or the colors are off, etc. If done well, flames can look good, but there are so many amateur or trendy flame jobs that either look crappy or dated.

That said, here are some pics I found of my favorite style:

1940-ford-coupe-flames.jpg

the-suede-palace-1940-ford-coupe.jpg

Flames are fantastic no matter the style, but the style needs to fit the vehicle they're on.

Untitled by ratrodfanbobcat, on Flickr

This is my bike I painted a couple years ago with rattle cans, came out pretty good I think. I plan to repaint it and do ghost flames next time.

It all depends on the vehicle and whether they're mirrored and balanced from side to side.
Some flames look hideous when slapped on and/or on the wrong car.
I pretty much like all styles, but am partial to certain styles.
I like the long narrow Chicago, the Watson Crab Crawl, Tru-fire and the Tribal, to name a few.
I've googled but could not find anywhere where someone has put together images and names of flame styles, can anyone shed some light on that.

The two 40 Fords right above are the style I like and in fact I'm pretty sure the first one (with the flames down the sides) is the one I used as inspiration for my 59 pick up posted earlier in the thread

Latest posts

Back