What to do in Dayton Beach????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humfleet

The wife and I have taken the hint. We are going on vacation. Daytona Beach area. Visit familly, lay on the beach drink a few cold ones.

What are some cool car related cheap things to do this weekend until the 17th. Shows, museums whatever?

I don't know how cheap it is but you can check out Daytona USA right at the speedway and take a tour of the track.

There is also "Old Town" but it's about an hour away from Daytona near Orlando. Every Saturday night they have a huge cruise night there with hundreds of cars. It's really neat. There are also tons of shops and some rides to keep the family interested.

I can't help much with with the museums and car related shops as I'm well south of there. There used to be a car museum in the area but it closed.

Also, well worth the drive (about an hour) is Don Garlits Museum Of Darg Racing in Ocala. You haven't lived unless you've been there.

That's all I've got. Maybe some folks closer to the area can chime in.

The cruise in and the garlits museum sound cool. we will definately check those out. thanks man

Also, well worth the drive (about an hour) is Don Garlits Museum Of Drag Racing in Ocala. You haven't lived unless you've been there.

If u dig old diggers & all the old Swamp Rats... you gotta go see the Garlits Museum. I took Tripper Jr & my youngest daughter there years ago when we went to Disney World... LOVED IT!!! Awesome seeing all the old Garlits cars & my fav digger of all times... the yellow blown Mooneyes Dragster!!!

BoB

Attachments

• mooneyes.jpg
    mooneyes.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3
gainesvillraceway is a good cheap time they have test and tune every wednesday night and brackets on saturday and there site is www.gainesvilleraceway.com Its bout 1.5 to 2 hours from daytona and they got bout 20 to 50 cars show up on wednesdays,Also if your in to the lefthanders theres new sumerna beach raceway with a lot of good paint rubbin and beer drinking bout 45 min from daytona on saturday nights

Latest posts

Back