What we have been up to:

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don,
Can you tell me about the headers on Dan's car? Did Dan build those or did he buy them already built? They are absolutely bitchin!!! If they are aftermarket could you find out from who? Those are some of coolest looking I've seen in a long time. I've had my eyes peeled for something really close to them for my small block Chevy.

I'd really appreciate any information,

Thunder - Pat

Dont hold me to it,But I think that Don and the boys buy most of their headers and mega phones from Sanderson Headers here in San Francisco.

Don,
Can you tell me about the headers on Dan's car? Did Dan build those or did he buy them already built? They are absolutely bitchin!!! If they are aftermarket could you find out from who? Those are some of coolest looking I've seen in a long time. I've had my eyes peeled for something really close to them for my small block Chevy.

I'd really appreciate any information,

Thunder - Pat

George is right, we deal with Sanderson pretty much all the time. The headers on Dans are called "Jaysters" from Sanderson because the guy who makes that particular set there is named Jay. :D Dan gave them the specs on how he wanted them to lay and they custom built a set for him. Dan was originally using these when the car was going to be airbagged and he needed them to sit high to clear stuff when it laid down. Now that it doesn't have bags that part is not needed, but they still fit ok.

Thanks for asking and for the nice words. Oh, Sanderson also sells the screw in baffles for them, but I don't see much difference in tone to be honest.

Don

Thank you Earthman, I'm really happy to be back too. :D This one isn't going to be shiny. I plan on probably painting it with a brush and try to simulate the original Ford paint as it is after aging for 80 years. I think it will be a fun little driver...........and for the first time a car of mine will have doors! :D:D

Don

Here is a picture of when Dan owned it. As you can see I grabbed up just about the entire car when he decided to start over. I have NO shame! :D

dansittinginRP.jpg

Thank you Don! I really appreciate the information. I know about Sanderson Headers and the quality of their work. They did an outstanding job of creating those Jaysters. I see their ads all the time in the Hot Rod magazines.

It's good to know who built them.

Thanks again,

Pat

You're welcome. Ya know, I've seen threads on the HAMB at times where people are saying what bad experiences they have had with Sanderson. I bought my first set 15-20 years ago and have had nothing but great service and good products. They also have talked about the "rude lady" who owns the place, but I deal with Nick or Jay and they have been exactly the opposite. In fact, last year I needed the turnouts built for my headers so I could go to Turkey Run and Nick made and coated them in one day and got them out.

I guess some people have had issues or they wouldn't post that, but our dealings have been fine. As I mentioned, Dan had them custom build the Jaysters for his car and they kept sending drawings back and forth and never complained. In the end the product was exactly what he asked for.

Don

I see their SBC Lake Headers are $435. I wanted a little shorted lenght from the header flange to the megaphone pipe, would they charge extra for shorter lenght?

I don't know Jim, but I can't imagine it would be expensive for them to make that modification. Call Nick there and ask him, he's always been accessible and helpful.

Don

budget car

Hey DON Sr.! Is this (RPU) going to be a BUDGET car tooooo? :cool:
haaahaaa. It's amazing that the 'A' fits your Dodge built frame so nicely, almost like you built it to fit it!!!!!! :p
I enjoy all of your posts, great fun. Keep up the good work. Perley :)

Latest posts

Back