whatcha think about a fenderless 51 chevy hardtop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a-l-1028

hello everybody just trying to get some ideas for a project. i found a deal for a running 51 chevy hardtop and i see nothing but possibilities for this thing, but an idea that i got is making it fenderless? i saw a picture of a fenderless fleetline, thik that this could be accomplished with this hardtop?

here are some pictures of the fleetline that i i think looks amazaing and would like to get somewhat close to

Attachments

• fleetline05.jpg
    fleetline05.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 113
  • fleetline01.jpg
    fleetline01.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 154
  • fleetline06.jpg
    fleetline06.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 132
there is nothing wrong what so ever about the natural lines of the chevy, its a beautiful car, but i just want something that looks different entirely, but appealing to others, ya know what i mean?
does anyone know of anybody having this kind of chevy

i just want something that looks different entirely, but appealing to others, ya know what i mean?
does anyone know of anybody having this kind of chevy

It's different alright, but not in a good way. There's a reason you don't see certain things, and those pictures tell you why...

i just want something that looks different entirely, but appealing to others,

ya can't always have both......
figure out which one matters most to you --do you want "entirely different" or more concerned with "appealing to others" when you get it figured out go from there

Like everything else in this world, some will like it, some won't. But a world of sameness would be boring. [P Build it your way with what you got, that's what Rat Rods are all about..:D

Well, obviuosly, you care what other people think, or you wouldn't be posting a thread on a public forum, asking for opinions!...my opinion?...that thing looks HORRIBLE!...just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should" do it!!

Well, obviuosly, you care what other people think, or you wouldn't be posting a thread on a public forum, asking for opinions!...my opinion?...that thing looks HORRIBLE!...just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you "should" do it!!

+1

keep the fenders please!!!

trust me you can make an early 50s chev look totally different yet still be unique,

for starters try doing something like what they did back in the day like grill and light swaps that makes the car cool yet different than a stocker maybe shave the trim or add trim off a different year, make, or model

no reason to run around in a half ASSembled 50's chev

hello everybody just trying to get some ideas for a project. i found a deal for a running 51 chevy hardtop and i see nothing but possibilities for this thing, but an idea that i got is making it fenderless? i saw a picture of a fenderless fleetline, thik that this could be accomplished with this hardtop?

here are some pictures of the fleetline that i i think looks amazaing and would like to get somewhat close to

your example is a good one of what not to do and also of somebody tryin WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY to hard to be "rat rodder"

too much ratty and cliche does not a sweet ride make

:(:(:(

I don't like it at all. Do a custom grillle and different headlights or something. The 40's and newer cars need fenders or they look just plain wrong. Plus most of what makes them look cool are the fenders. To me it just looks like someone trying to be cool or start a new trend. Please don't do it.

fenderless

without the fenders, makes it look like an old oval dirt track car.::D if that's the style/look ya like or are going for, heres a thought-- make it look like a street legal race car;

if ya run the car with no rear and no front fenders, put in a roll cage, use 2'' round tubing for bumpers, wide front and rear tires, put roof and door numbers on it, find some old timey sponser logo's for the car, try to get it to look like a nascar modified if they were built in the late 50's-early 60's.

here's a few pics for reference,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that would be one cool looking car, just an idea and there ain't a whole lot of street legal race cars around[dr

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 220px-Modified-45ShowCar.jpg
    220px-Modified-45ShowCar.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 23
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 19
  • images1.jpg
    images1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 22
  • images 2.jpg
    images 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 22
  • imagesCALVGVHA.jpg
    imagesCALVGVHA.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Posie's Rod & Custom seemed to pull it off nicely with this narrowed '47 Fleetline.

0706sr_07_z+1947_chevrolet_fleetliner_sedan+top_right_view.jpg

0706sr_03_z+1947_chevrolet_fleetliner_sedan+back_right_view.jpg

0706sr_01_z+1947_chevrolet_fleetliner_sedan+front_left_view.jpg

So I say go for it, but I'd find a front that would accent the lines of the torpedo back pulling in complements rather than attracting negative feed.
It's your car, your style, do what you will.

Posies made it look "ok" but in my opinion it still looks like a citrion. :confused: But do what you want to do not what we like to see!

Posies made it look "ok" but in my opinion it still looks like a citrion. :confused: But do what you want to do not what we like to see!

Geez I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it it does look like a Citroen. Well so much for that custom, I see it in a different light now.
Crap.

Latest posts

Back