What's behind the subaru ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, had a 61 once, serial number 962, must have been one of the first ones.

As I have said in earlier posts sometimes the picture shows other possibility's , would this thing be worth pursuing ?? I know if it was an earlier Bronco it would have $$$ written all over it . How rare are they and what a "general " idea of what it is worth ?
Oldog

Never really cared a whole lot for the Scouts. (Maybe because my father -in-law owned one.:D )
They ride like a buckboard and have the styling of a brick.
Having said that..... If you can get it cheap you could make a few bucks on it from some hipster that thinks that they are cool and likes to drive at 55mph for a top speed.;)
Stop in at the Levering cafe for lunch while you are up there.
Torchie.

Never really cared a whole lot for the Scouts. (Maybe because my father -in-law owned one.:D )
Having said that..... If you can get it cheap you could make a few bucks on it from some hipster that thinks that they are cool and likes to drive at 55mph for a top speed.;)
Stop in at the Levering cafe for lunch while you are up there.
Torchie.

Torchie , I call them up and it turns out they are heavy into diesel rat rods... Where I have not seen any of their cars I have seen some of the ones their friends own that they have helped with . I will try to plan a field trip and see what they have and see if they want to post some stuff on here .. the last time I was up there I would have stopped at the café but I had just stuff myself at the Legs Inn in cross Village .. VERY good..... but whoa !!!! If I had known what it cost to eat there ....... well at least I crossed it of the bucket list.

Will eat in Levering this time....

Oldog

True, but with some minor :)rolleyes:) modification...

scout7_zps6f5b71d8.jpg

I knew an old man that had a Scout with the 345 V8 in it. He'd pull a 30' travel trailer with it. It would pull it just great. Stopping was another story. He claimed trailer brakes were for sissies.:eek:

Torchie , I call them up and it turns out they are heavy into diesel rat rods... Where I have not seen any of their cars I have seen some of the ones their friends own that they have helped with . I will try to plan a field trip and see what they have and see if they want to post some stuff on here .. the last time I was up there I would have stopped at the café but I had just stuff myself at the Legs Inn in cross Village .. VERY good..... but whoa !!!! If I had known what it cost to eat there ....... well at least I crossed it of the bucket list.

Will eat in Levering this time....

Oldog

Legs Inn wow.
I used to play there back in the 70's when it had fallen on hard times and was a real dive.
Now it has been turned into a "Tourist" spot. Hence the price$$$$$.
Plus as some one that is of 100% Polish ancestry and a retired Chef I can tell you that their "Version" of Polish Cusine is just OK. But that's just my opinion.....
Next thing I know you will be hanging out in Wolverine...[ddd
Torchie.

Legs Inn wow.
I used to play there back in the 70's when it had fallen on hard times and was a real dive.
Now it has been turned into a "Tourist" spot. Hence the price$$$$$.
Plus as some one that is of 100% Polish ancestry and a retired Chef I can tell you that their "Version" of Polish Cusine is just OK. But that's just my opinion.....
Next thing I know you will be hanging out in Wolverine...[ddd
Torchie.

OUCH !!! Wolverine ? Vandertucky is bad enough .. As for polish bonafieds ..my family name is Trzesniewski and most are buried in Holy Cross in GRapids ...:D One of the FEW places to eat that I actually returned to was the Whistle Stop in Wolverine.... triple D

Latest posts

Back