whats everyone getting done?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71rat

I ran out of things to do that were low cost on the truck. So now I'm back to the Jeep. Trans and t-case, both drivelines have been out for two weeks, So i took the inside apart. No carpet, No seats, dash is taken apart. New sterio from another car i have that im selling, and new speakers i got fer christmas.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be seeing whats going to have to happen to take the bed off the truck. Hopefully stuff won't break this time like the bumper bolts.
maybe ill even flip the rear leaves if i can get everything to work right. we'll see.

Whats everyone getting done this weekend?

The weather is crappy, and I was gone all day yesterday, so today is family day..

I have a LOT of parts to go on the truck that came in Thursday..
I just need to get some time to put them on :(

PS... My Jeep needs some tires, so while you're buying stuff for your Jeep, you can add those to your list for me ;)

Not a darn thing...its to cold to warm up the car to drive to the garage I rent to start the heat there and wait for it to warm enough so I'll know when I hit my fingers with the hammer:eek:

On the positive car side....the car is warming up right now so I can go to the monthly meeting for the car club. That's about the extent of my car activity for the weekend unless I decide to sit down at the drawing board and play (or plan) for a few hours before the football games come on...I'm liking winter less and less every year

I did the front shocks and an oil change last Thursday night. I need to get over to the junkyard and get a replacement hydrolic clutch cylinder. Mines been leaking pretty good. The drivers front shock collapsed when i took it off and it never rebounded. I guess that means its bad?

I,m gettin a rear end ready for this Barris rip off
my neighbors think ive lost it:D

Attachments

• Bone Box.JPG
    Bone Box.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 34
$$$

The never endin' struggle!!! I'm workin' tryin' to make the loot for a new quick change rear & 3 deuce setup for my PU. My golden egg layin' goose has taken off for the winter & I keep wonderin'... WHY did I ever sell my old $$$ tree!?!? ; - O

BoB

Love the Dragula idea. There was a member either on here or Killbillet who had one too.

I'm in the same boat as 71rat, I have sort of run out of free things to do on my Dodge truck. I need to order back wheels and tires and that is about $ 900 I don't have right now. I am going to go with Hurst slicks and will need to have 8 inch rims made with a special deep offset, and until I get those I can't really see how the car is going to sit. I can get it close with jackstands and a tape measure, but nothing gives you the real look like having the final wheels and tires on the car.

I've also begun to clean the shop. It was a disaster from all the recent activity and I couldn't find a darned thing. I've been tossing stuff out and putting lots of unneeded stuff up in the loft. Looks much better and I have found tons of tools that I knew I had somewhere. :)

Don

full timer

its -20F or colder here at nite and am waiting 4 days till it warms up, just too cold to heat 2800 sq ft and car is on far end and need it warm for bondo!!! I work full time on my 1930 ford
have been doing bodywork furiously:eek: got most of the main body done except one side of the cowl, doors are off and unfinished, roof steel is blended in:eek:, raingutters are molded in , sent backlite patern out and the windshield frame out last week did some sandblasting on some of interior and thats a real mess dust all over. Had a oil drum split an nite and cause a real mess , also working on registering the machine, more paper

now and then i get overcome and have to take a rest break but mostly work on it all week and sometimes on saturday
sure takes a lot of body materials and the cost of stuff is high nowdays doing frame and interior with imp. paint enamel and hardner

Brrrrrrrrr..it's 10 degrees here in va.

I got the ready heater goin in the grudge, then I'll try to get some body work done on the back end and mount the bumper!!
1-13-08005.jpg

Holdin' out!!!

I got the ready heater goin in the grudge, then I'll try to get some body work done on the back end and mount the bumper!!
1-13-08005.jpg

Fuzz,
Dude... u r holdein' out on u're pals man! Let's see more fotos of this '50... looks good!!!

BoB

My time is limited right now because of a heavy work schedule. I'm putting the finishing touches on the 3X2 setup on my coupe and I'm about to do a Buick aluminum finned drum front brake swap and change from block hugger headers to some rams horn exhaust. Look for updates on that within the next couple of weeks.

In the coming months, I will be jumping back on my brothers 55 Chevy project and my dad's 41 Willys project. And a quick change rear for my coupe is in the future.

My time is not limited right now, so mostly I am talking to you guys. I have made several hundred T-Shirt designs though. Hoping for some shop time in the near future.

not much. I spent sat and sun morning doing homework. I started school again :p. Haha, i think i may actually know what i want to do though. Cleaned the house, watched a movie, did some yardwork, worked on removing the bed from the donor truck-thing is a pain in the butt :mad:. Then an old friend stopped by with his firebird, that car was wild. Runs 10.70 in the 1/4 and it's a "mild" street car. It didn't sound mild :D. Had a barbecue and thats about it. We had beautiful weather, sunny and about 70 degrees.

Nice. sounds like people are being productive. I modded the doors on the jeep to be lift-off like the wranglers, wired my speakers up, cleaned up the inside and put some stuff on craigslist.

And that was just today.

Latest posts

Back