what's it worth survey

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got a chance to buy a 2 ton, 48-49 Ford. I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be a real nice cab and has a title. I'm just curious what a cab like that would fetch in different parts of the country. Not worth a whole lot around here, best carved up and sell the parts on ebay from here.

Sadly, they only sell for scrap price ($350-$500) around the big pond but the flattie, a nice cab, bed and front clip has to be worth a lot more than that! :mad:

Toad

I got a chance to buy a 2 ton, 48-49 Ford. I haven't seen it yet but it's supposed to be a real nice cab and has a title. I'm just curious what a cab like that would fetch in different parts of the country. Not worth a whole lot around here, best carved up and sell the parts on ebay from here.

I'm not sure but I think the cab is the same as a pickup. The F=1 guys can tell you. But even then, cabs around here go for $450-500. Having said that, I've noticed more guys are getting into the big trucks. I think there is a market for a truck like that, especially if it is nice and has a title.

What can I say.....DUH...I'm building a COE![S

Lynn

WB3 because f-1 thru f-6 cabs are all the same it opens a better market for the cab only and hood. Here in western Co w/title around $400.00 is what it would sell for. But guys still ask for $1,200.00 w/title.

I think anywhere there is real rusting problems - basically the Mississippi River border states and eastward, a solid cab/doors (no rust out) with title can fetch you $500 or more. A full truck body $1,000+.

There's a late 40's Ford tow truck with duallies, flathead V8 that doesnt run--looks fairly complete when I drive by the shop it's in front of. I think he wants $1500. I would love to have room and money, not to mention time.

I gave $250 for my 48 f-6 with title, and it has a Olds Rocket engine in it.

But I would say $400 is a fair price for a good cab and title.
A complete body, with the small wheel openings in the fenders (1/2 ton and 3/4 ton only), $750.

The flathead V8 is only worth money if you actually get it running or can prove it's a good engine.

But I don't live in the rust belt.

Latest posts

Back