What's the greatest b.s. story you ever heard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

What's the best tall tale story you've heard at a car show, at the watering hole, etc about how fast/awesome/rare/expensive thier car/engine is?

Example: This here is a rare 260 out of a 64 Cobra with racing history. I found it down in Mexico being used to stir paint in a paint factory. I got it for $5 and a case of Corona!

I once heard of this guy that has this El Camino that will run circles around anything. It will burn the tires clean off'a the dad gum thing. It's the darndest thing you ever saw. It even has the goofy gas, I think the kids call it nawz, or somethin' like that. But trying to get pictures of it are like gettin' pics of Bigfoot.

I once heard of this guy that has this El Camino that will run circles around anything. It will burn the tires clean off'a the dad gum thing. It's the darndest thing you ever saw. It even has the goofy gas, I think the kids call it nawz, or somethin' like that. But trying to get pictures of it are like gettin' pics of Bigfoot.

[cl[cl[cl[cl:D

(Guy)this is a barn find mustang I want 25 hundred for it
(Me)great on my way
That was in the phone
Get there
(Guys son) dad didn't realize mustang was. Gt350
Will take 25 thousand for it
(Me) have a nice day
2 hour drive home

"You can keep your own Doctor.", ............no wait, you said car story not biggest line of bs..........I'll have to think on that one.........:D

I still enjoy the classics. About once a year some old guy tells me the dollar bill on the dash story.

Usually when a guy starts laying out BS, I just start saying 'uh huh....yep' without really listening. They think I'm buying when I really just don't care. Eventually they work up to a whopper.

I still enjoy the classics. About once a year some old guy tells me the dollar bill on the dash story.

Usually when a guy starts laying out BS, I just start saying 'uh huh....yep' without really listening. They think I'm buying when I really just don't care. Eventually they work up to a whopper.

OK. I'll bite.

What is the dollar bill on the dash story?

Timothy

OK. I'll bite.

What is the dollar bill on the dash story?

Timothy

The way I heard it was a guy puts a $20 or $100 dollar bill on the dash and if you sitting in pas seat can grab off before he gets to the end of the block you can have it. :rolleyes:

A guy that I met through my wifes contacts was telling me about a Ford 4x4 pickup he and a friend built and had SOOOO much power that when they took it out on the pavement to do a burnout and it hooked too hard the engine ripped out of it's mounts and flipped upside down in the engine bay so they just replaced the mounts and tins and took it REAL easy........IDIOT.

All I can do is just sit and listen.

The way I heard it was a guy puts a $20 or $100 dollar bill on the dash and if you sitting in pas seat can grab off before he gets to the end of the block you can have it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, usually a fifty. Had one guy say it was the title to the car. :rolleyes: It's almost always a GM late 60's early 70's car. Chevelle, Firebird, GTO...etc.

"You can keep your own Doctor.", ............no wait, you said car story not biggest line of bs..........I'll have to think on that one.........:D

How about
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you " oh crap this is not a car story either . but both are the biggest load of BS any one will ever hear

Lets see...something recent....

Kid with a 1985 Olds cutlass I stopped for squealing his tires.....350 stock sbc, edelbrock 600 carb, stock manifolds, dual exhausts with glass packs and street tires....told me he ran an 11.85 1/4 mile ......Yep...that would happen...:D cut him a break and only wrote him a fix it ticket for no tail light....

1/8 mile maybe.:D

I used to run a lot of demolition Derbys. I once stopped to check on a Buick 225 that was sitting behind a service station. Once I started to carry on a conversation with the shop owner he began to tell me how he used to derby. And how he put concrete in his tires, driveshaft, doors, bumpers and how he filled the trunk with steel wheels. He kept going on but I stopped listening. None of what he was claiming to do would of worked or would ever pass any inspection.

" It ran when it was parked "
" Sure it's got a title, I'll mail it to you tomorrow "
" Of course the engine's rebuilt, I give you my personal guarantee "
" Gee, it never smoked like that before "
" That puddle of oil was left by another car "
" Oh, that tickity-knock is nuthin', just a loose rocker "

Math: Largely misunderstood but often interpreted.

I worked "with" a kid who claimed to build a go-cart at the tender age of 13. According to fantasy and popular legend, it was Hayabusa powered and could easily break 200 MPH. (Bladder? Don't fail me now.)

Now, some embellishment...

I was wholly impressed and took the cart for a burn... quickly approaching 200 on tallish 12'' tires, an El Camino passed me like I was standing still, John Force at the wheel, his dentist in the passenger's seat, both of them grinnin' like Chesire cats on two wheels. I lit the hydrogen rockets and promptly broke the sound barrier. Two flying pigs and a pink elephant witnessed the event. The rest is land speed history.

Latest posts

Back