what's the LOWEST dollar build you've had? legal, tagged, rolling down the road

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, not a late model beater but not a build either........

20satoutsidewiththeBuickacoupleyears.jpg

I knew this '57 Buick Special for 15+ years before I bought it. I graduated high school with the son of the man who bought it knew. The father bought a new Chevy PU in 1972 and parked the Buick. The son done some body work and painted it in vocational school class in 1974 but it continued to sit. He had it for sale in the mid '80s for $1,000 and I would look at it from time to time but never pulled the trigger on it. All the while it sat outside and the elements took their toll on it. In winter of 1988 I was working on a house next door to the car and went over one evening and asked the guy what he'd take for the Buick today and he said $100 and I said "SOLD" ! Hauled it home, rebuilt the master cylinder, bought a set of used tires from a friend for $25, bought a battery $40, put a set of short glasspacks and tailpipes on it $110, painted it flat white with scallops $50 worth of spray cans and drove the wheels off it for ten years. Dollar per mile the most fun I've ever had with any car! :cool:

Latest posts

Back