What's up guys?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneklinger

Well hello there. I'm another new guy.

Lets see, quick background.. Im 26 and married with 2 children. I work as a medic in the Army, and just returned from my first deployment to Afghanistan.
My 'deployment gift' to myself was a 1968 Chrysler Newport. I've had a strange attraction to this car for a few years, and just happened to find the right one!

Up until this point, I haven't had any car experience.. Just putting gas in, and paying for oil changes, haha. So I see a few frustrating moments in the next couple years, but Im eager to learn and modify my car.

Ill do my best to post pics, when i have the time and money to jazz something up!

couple shots

Here are just a few photos of the newport.. Front, 3/4, and the 440!

Attachments

• 20130828_143942.jpg
    20130828_143942.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 00707_jGVpzZltWAG_600x450.jpg
    00707_jGVpzZltWAG_600x450.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
  • 00a0a_424RszHCsAB_600x450.jpg
    00a0a_424RszHCsAB_600x450.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 8
Thanks! A few years ago when I was close to purchasing one, I wanted to do a full restore on it, cherry paint, clean interior, etc.. But now that it's here, and I've seen what my options are I'm def gonna rat rod it out.

Flat black exterior
with a thin green stripe down sides, along the body curve.
green and white pinstrip on the trunk
18's with white walls
the headliner will be green, black and white plaid.
door panels will have same plaid accents
as for the seats, Im still unsure..

Mechanically, she's decent.. Going to replace the carb soon, flush the fluids, and do some work on the wheel cylinder and bearings.

sounds like you have a vision! i like that.

idk if you have needed or searched but the brake calipers on my yorker are shared with your port i believe. and they are VERY expensive and hard to come by.

its keeping mine dead in the car port at the moment

68! not near as nice as yours, but that was part of the reason i got it. nice cars don't last long up here.

can't tell for sure, but is that 440 sporting HP manifolds? kinda looks like it

hell yes 68! haha.
how long have you had yours? and what are your plans?
You know, I'm not sure about the manifolds, I'm seriously completely new to this.[S

Last edited:
from one vet to another, thank you for your service, and welcome to rrr, one of the best car sites on the web.[cl

Latest posts

Back