What's your opinion on this thing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer135

Seen a lot of it everywhere, can remember one very very similar for sale in Just Cars mag a while a go.

enclosure..ee956bc

12sema600.jpg

fjlowboy.jpg

Only thing i dont like is the front end/grille. would look better if it was wider and taller.

It came up as I'm planning on using the rear wall and roof of one on my rat. The roof is going to get a bit of rake to it, and i'm going to smooth over that drip rail that goes around the whole roof. Also going to use the doors. Have to try and adapt that to my 46 jailbar ford firewall which is going to be a bit of a job.

That's right up there with the guy from Houston in one of the rod magazines that put a toyota motor in a Gen 1 Camero... it's just wrong! :eek:

Rattler

Gotta give the builder credit. He built something out of nothing. To me it looks like it came right out of an '80s Mel Gibson/Arnold type movie.

In the jeepin world i've heard those called Foreign Jeeps, or Fake Jeeps. As opposed to CJ- which stands for Civilian Jeep

It is just another example of someone doing something that few would try. Looks like a clean build, and he accomplished what he wanted, because you posted the pictures of it. If the guy who built it likes it, that is all that counts.

love/hate
Those old FJ pickups are cool in their own way. I think he did the truck right. Loosing the front would make it..well, not FJ anymore.
I think he nailed the stance and the proportions, all of it is easy on my eyes.
What I would do with an FJ pickup? not.

Landcruiser pickem up? Toyo should have built it. I'm with Bonehead, if he likes it then nothing else matters.

Toyota did build them but they are pretty scarce. I have only ever seen a few. I worked at a Toyota,BMW,Mercedes dealership and we had one for pushing cars in. I guess the dumbarse management sold it off a few years ago for a couple hundred bucks. It was way cooler than any FJ40 or 55.

I love when somebody does something different, and this qualifies. Proportions look right and the build quality looks pretty darn good. I would definately give this one more than a casual glance at a car show. Would I build it? No, but that's not the point.

Don,You are correct. I saw this truck at the San Francisco Roadster show a few years ago.

It is really is very well done and is cool as hell. I was interested in the powerplant. It has the Nascar V8 in it. I was looking to purchase one. So I started to talk to the guys at the show. He was going on all about it. Then I finally said so how much. I dont really recall it. But it was something in the neighborhood of 50-80k. I just about fell over.

Back in the archives here in my pic thread of the show was the price with alot more pics of it.

Its in here. http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2912&highlight=san+francisco

Latest posts

Back