when i was a kid

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flat6rick

id go to car shows alot. i would see nice custom paint and chrome cars and bikes in every shape make and style. then there would always be that one rust bucket fafed paint with the dent. you know the one? i would think to my self what is that guy thing. now 30 plus yeaars later i am that guy. who would have thunk? not only that but my 53 plymouth gets a lot of attention. people look it over real good. some think it is funny but they took the time to look just the same. some think it is a great piece of history they really talk about the flat 6. and the guy with the 40 grand car that i park next to is the one thinking what the fug are these people thing. it all works out in the end i pay 15 dollars to show people some class and maybe an engine they never see. they look smile and smile some more all good huh?:)

I remember those days.

I had a 56 Chevy sedan that I painted the night before a car show, first I ever painted. Paint looked flat instead of shiny, not on purpose just a crappy painter, I was 16.

Also had a broken window from where the hood flipped up while driving, that was scary, and the hood still had some dents in it.

Guys would look and laugh and say the paint looked like crap. Oh and you could still smell the laquer.

327 Chevy motor with a HUGE cam, muncie 4 speed and a 9 inch ford rear end.

Interior looked good, thanks to my mom.

All the parts came from the local junkyard, I paid for them by hauling old junk to the guy and he would trade the parts for my junk.

Wish I still had that car, today it would be considered cool

Latest posts

Back