When it rains....what is this thing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
So I found a pile of car for sale, I don't know what it is or even if the front and back match. It comes with a frame that doesn't match, and a front axle with a wide 5 pattern. You guys know I don't need a project, but I like what is here. What do you think? and What is it? Distinctive windshield posts,and oval dash with wood around it.

rustyrelic.jpg

what you found

bone ,you must be lucky,thats a late 20s roadster for sure and I know I would have to have drug it home.Looks like a few doors away from a neat ride.

is that all you get? I paid less than that for my newly aquired '28 chevy. mine is missing frame, windshield frame, seats, engine, but enough parts to sell off to get the car for free. $500 seems to me kinda steep.

That is why it is not home yet, but a good rear deck, which seems like a part that is kinda hard to find. There is a frame and some misc tin too, two sets of fenders, front axle.

Maybe the little light on the cowl is a clue. There is also a wood surround, and gauge cluster that I did not get a picture of, but 4 gauges in it.
rustyrelic3.jpg

I want to say its a chrysler product , the gauge opening looks alot like a plymouth of around 1932 or so ....... but because of all the wood i`m going to guess it may be a moon roadster , around 1927 but I can`t find any pics

Those windshield posts are pretty solid, heavy formed steel. Do you think the back goes with the front? Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
I am thinking the front is like you said, Chrysler? need a good dash pic. The windshield posts are right for the cowl, there is a raised stamp in the sheet metal at the base of the post.

the cowl is also 26 stude but from a touring car called the "big 6 sheriff" model , heres a pic of a dash and the big 6

Attachments

• 2560012514_84a1617543.jpg
    2560012514_84a1617543.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 33
  • hist_studebaker.jpg
    hist_studebaker.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 26
I think you nailed it. The gauges are a little different. But those windshield posts look right on. I am not sure how you figured that out. I have also been looking at old car pictures the last couple of days.....nada.

now all you have to do is build it ..... roadsters are hard to come by , i`d snag it.... a guy with your skills could make a nice car out of that , just needs a 289 stude engine.

Latest posts

Back