Where do people get the nerve...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deluxerux

So we had someone come out yesterday to look at some of the Model A parts we were selling and all the guy did was insult the parts and our project. Luckily I wasn't there to throw his ass out of our shop.

Where do people get the nerve to come into someone else's shop and insult them? ****es me off!

It was one of those guys that only restore classics and think that rodding out a vehicle is a sin. I so wish I was there when he was saying this crap.

It was one of those guys that only restore classics and think that rodding out a vehicle is a sin.

The sooner you learn that hot rodding is a sin... the better off you'll be! And if hot rodding is a sin... imagine what rat rodding is!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I'm jsut talking about rodding in general. Any modification and not completely restored to stock these guys freak out.

Oh I hear it a lot about rat rodding on the HAMB.

Well, a certain percentage of humans are just jerks, and a certain percentage of them happen to be into cars. You just met part of that percentage. The older I get the less tolerance I have for stuff like that and don't really let them get to me any more. :)

I had an old man turn the tables on me one time. My GF and I were buying vinyl so she could redo the interior of my 27. We went to this very old fabric store and when he quoted me a price I said "Gee, they have the same stuff at JoAnn Fabrics for less." He put the roll under his arm and said, then go to JoAnn fabrics and he showed us out the door! :eek: We laughed about it all the way home because I guess he told me! :D

Don

It was one of those guys that only restore classics and think that rodding out a vehicle is a sin. I so wish I was there when he was saying this crap.

it was probably better that you weren't, he walks away thinking he's a "wiseguy" and you get to go on with life w/o a murder charge:eek:;):D

The sooner you learn that hot rodding is a sin... the better off you'll be! And if hot rodding is a sin... imagine what rat rodding is!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

if hotrodding is a sin, then ratrodding is getting close to the unpardonable sin:eek: "forgive us Father for we are ratrodders; forgive us Father for we are proud of the fact that we are ratrodders; forgive us Father for we don't always understand those who don't understand us[S"

I had an old man turn the tables on me one time. My GF and I were buying vinyl so she could redo the interior of my 27. We went to this very old fabric store and when he quoted me a price I said "Gee, they have the same stuff at JoAnn Fabrics for less." He put the roll under his arm and said, then go to JoAnn fabrics and he showed us out the door! :eek: We laughed about it all the way home because I guess he told me! :D

That's funny & I had a Seinfeld moment like that too a few years back but it worked out because I found some really nice people that had better stuff & better prices. When I told people about it... they said she did the same exact thing to them too. Maybe I'm not such a jerk after all... nahhhh!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I knew someone thats even on here low ball sellers like $20 offers when they are asking $500. I had called him an a$$ in front of the sellers. I lost a t5 to the thief he does not get it

It's like the wagon hater on here, he even has it in his sig...I just don't understand why people just don't move on...there's alot of stuff I don't like and I don't fool with it but I don't bash people that do.

i am new here but can attest to the sarcasm people love to bring upon others that dont mirror what they like! i have been building and driving minitrucks since 1990, some with hydrolic suspension, some air ride, but all slammed on the ground! i have heard all types of crap pour out of the mouth of haters just because they dont get the point of what i liked. ALL custom cars are built from passion, which we all share even if the passion is for a different type of build we own. it never mattered to me anyway, i like being the odd man out[ddev later, brian

Why have a car/truck you dont dare to drive? live life on the edge.....torch it..grind it.. chop and weld it..toss on some primer and go for a ride i say.

A man comes into the store ask me for a price on laminate flooring his wife says she wants a decent grade. I told him thats fine because I don't sell the "value priced laminate". I gave him a price on a quailty laminate flooring.

He says he can buy at lowes for a lot less

So the customer is standing by his wife and I tell him Go to lowes and buy there cheap stuff, But in two years don't complain about how sorry the laminate is, tell your wife you are sorry you wasted your money buying the cheapest floor you could find.

Another person told me they wanted cheap carpet "because it is for one of their rentals". I told him if he wanted cheap to look at himself in the mirrow.

people burn me up because they provide a house to rent, but use the crapest products in it because "its a rental" If you are going to charge a man hard earned money to rent your home give him a nice place to stay.

I rent a home or two and if you check the people out most of the time they take care of your stuff if you do your job taking the application

i'd rather see them on the road then in a field housing mice. Chop 'em, and drop 'em but keep 'em rolling i say!

Latest posts

Back