Where do people get the nerve...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People like that do not like them self. I would of had fun with that moron.

All man now I'm a sinner. Now I have to pray to the car Gods.

Well I got an email stating that we wasted his time, money, and gas driving 3 hours out of his way to see a bunch of junk products. He also said he's been restoring cars for over 40 years. (This guy looked about 40)

Whatever. I'm passed it.

I will take the advice, and next time say with a straight face, "I think its time you leave."

It's like the wagon hater on here, he even has it in his sig...I just don't understand why people just don't move on...there's alot of stuff I don't like and I don't fool with it but I don't bash people that do.

I do hate wagons. Always have always will. As for the signature, its paraphrasing a Miller commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKekXzEMwxc

Last edited:
most of why i just don't go anywhere is listed on here somewhere. they say common sense just isn't common. i think they were right. that and i've got a temper, there is a reason i don't own any guns right now.

Well I got an email stating that we wasted his time, money, and gas driving 3 hours out of his way to see a bunch of junk products. He also said he's been restoring cars for over 40 years. (This guy looked about 40)

Whatever. I'm passed it.

I will take the advice, and next time say with a straight face, "I think its time you leave."

Send a Email back asking if he wants his name embroidered on his crying towel.

Whatever. I'm passed it.

I had a guy respond to an ad I had on kijiji several months back for a set of Monte Carlo rally wheel hubcaps....I told him on the phone that, as stated in the ad, they were not "mint." Sez he'll drop by late that evening to look at them after shift (Generous Motors worker).

So, I waited up until almost 11PM on a work night, out of courtesy, mostly this guy pulls up into my driveway in his brand new Impala. He then proceeds to spent half an hour of MY time, in MY garage, telling me why my secondhand hubcaps aren't good enough to put on his $30, 000 restored Corvette....:rolleyes:

If you want hubcaps for a $30, 000 restored Vette, THEN WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT A $50 SET OF USED MONTE CARLO HUBCAPS ON KIJIJI!?!?:mad::rolleyes:

I think some people get a charge out of running others down...

Some people can be such ass-hats, sometimes.....:rolleyes:

Regards,
Shea:)

I had a guy respond to an ad I had on kijiji several months back for a set of Monte Carlo rally wheel hubcaps....I told him on the phone that, as stated in the ad, they were not "mint." Sez he'll drop by late that evening to look at them after shift (Generous Motors worker).

So, I waited up until almost 11PM on a work night, out of courtesy, mostly this guy pulls up into my driveway in his brand new Impala. He then proceeds to spent half an hour of MY time, in MY garage, telling me why my secondhand hubcaps aren't good enough to put on his $30, 000 restored Corvette....:rolleyes:

If you want hubcaps for a $30, 000 restored Vette, THEN WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT A $50 SET OF USED MONTE CARLO HUBCAPS ON KIJIJI!?!?:mad::rolleyes:

I think some people get a charge out of running others down...

Some people can be such ass-hats, sometimes.....:rolleyes:

Regards,

And by the time he left, I wanted to knock his teeth out-overpaid, crybaby b*****d.....

Regards,

I know what you mean...

Several years ago I had rescued a '57 chevy 2 door belair in real bad shape as far as rust goes, but ALL of the stainless trim was there and in great shape, so I advertised it that way...Lots of rust but would be a great parts car...
Well the next weekend some guy calls and want to come see it, he arrives with his 2 sons (about 12 & 15 years old) and proceeds to put the car down from the time he got there for about 10 straight minutes...I said "what an AH" and walked in the back in the house...they stood out there for another 10-15 minutes I guess waiting for me to come back outside. I sat back down and finished watching TV!...LOL

Several years ago I had rescued a '57 chevy 2 door belair in real bad shape as far as rust goes, but ALL of the stainless trim was there and in great shape, so I advertised it that way...Lots of rust but would be a great parts car...
Well the next weekend some guy calls and want to come see it, he arrives with his 2 sons (about 12 & 15 years old) and proceeds to put the car down from the time he got there for about 10 straight minutes...I said "what an AH" and walked in the back in the house...they stood out there for another 10-15 minutes I guess waiting for me to come back outside. I sat back down and finished watching TV!...LOL

Heh-heh...right on, man!:D

Regards,

no big deal

people like that are a dime a dozzen. we are the rare breed here. atock model a's make me sick looking at them.no ****e. all so i learned real early in my life not to talk stuff about a mans ride. it is his not mine. he likes what he likes, i like what i like, its over. its just respect to keep it too your self. lots and lots of people don't understand respect. and there is only a few ways to educate them, both involve your fist in their lips and your foot up there tail side.............

people like that are a dime a dozzen. we are the rare breed here. atock model a's make me sick looking at them.no ****e. all so i learned real early in my life not to talk stuff about a mans ride. it is his not mine. he likes what he likes, i like what i like, its over. its just respect to keep it too your self. lots and lots of people don't understand respect. and there is only a few ways to educate them, both involve your fist in their lips and your foot up there tail side.............

My Mom used to tell me when I was younger, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Makes sense to me.:)

Or, if you open mouth and insert foot, at least have the cajones to go back and apologise to the other guy later when courtesy reasserts itself.;)

Regards,

Just sold my Travel Trailer on Kijiji, for my asking price.
I said everything in the ad about the unit and ended with a firm price.
I still got idiots lowballing me, asking questions I had already wrote out in the ad and / or telling me their brother just bought one for $3000 less than I'm asking. So go find a rotted out piece of sh!t cheap trailer, I would say.
I even had a woman sarcastically laugh at every little thing I said about the trailer, as if I was full of crap.
I finally turned to her, with her husband standing right there, and said,
"what the f*** are you laughing at." And walked away.
Some people I just won't bother with, not worth the aggrevation.

I usually let them run thier course and sometimes even haggle with them. Finally we get to an agereement and thats when I say "oh, I think I changed my mind. sorry, it isn't for sale anymore". And then close the garage door and walk back into the house. Priceless watching them stand there and stare at each other "whaa happened?!" [S lol! :D

Kijiji, CL and such just seem to bring these ass hats outta the closet. I sold my Jeep through Kijiji two weeks ago after it being advertised since April, in that time I had about 10 people offer me half my asking price. The only one who had the balls to do it to my face (others all came in an email), I told him thats fine I'll take your offer, but it won't be safetied, won't be e-tested (damn government cash grabs), won't have tires, won't have the lift kit, and won't have axles. He was slightly suprised to say the least.

On one hand I can see making a lower offer on something cause everyone wants to get the best deal they can. But when the offers are low enough that it becomes offensive that's when I start to have some real issues with people.

"The sooner you learn that hot rodding is a sin... the better off you'll be! And if hot rodding is a sin... imagine what rat rodding is!!!"

Tripper - you've nailed it brother.

I've found those that jump on their assumptions and then carry on with the conversation with their assumptions intact are usually the biggest meatheads.

On my old truck, the great conversations may outnumber the bad by about 10:1. A lot of it is whether the interviewer "gets" the RR thing.

On of the less exciting variety of discourse occurred today. An older gent (business exec type) approached me this morning as I pulled into my work lot with the '50... More or less friendly guy. He asked if this was "..a work in progress?" Spider-sense tingling, my reply was something like "..are they ever done?"

Then he went on for about 2-3 min with a barrage of unsolicited paint suggestions. I replied that it was seeing about 90% of its paint as complete, and that courtesy of pax rustoleum to quote a RRR listmember.

This was met with a searching expression, followed by puzzlement/confusion. I think he thought I was joking or somesuch.

Conversation ends with him shrugging, then he hopefully asserts that "At least it sounds like the original engine?" My response - "Nope, Olds 455." He studies his shoes, and says "Oh well, I hope it lasts!"

No skin off my nose, but I really can't imagine myself in his shoes, eg, uploading that kind of semi-aggressive barrage on anyone with their nice ride, according to what I think is cool. ??? That's where I begin to lose interest in talking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back