Which build would you like to see first

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imthegrt1

As stated in the title which build would you like to see first
I have 3 projects and I'm going let you all decide which I will start first
Here are your choices
1- 50's chevy cab pretty solid
2-50's ford dully cab and frame
3-and last but not least 1943 WWII
Turret cab.and yes it has the turret set up on the roof
And yes it's an actuall 1943 cab
All of these builds will be homemade Ratrodsrule
And budget builders the first is when the poll will end
As I like to build things that interest others as well as my self
Please vote!!

I'm a Chevy nut myself...building a Ford,,,whodathunk!
But the Turret Cab sounds like it could get real interesting...

50's chevy cab solid little cab corner work needed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 45
Here is the ford dully also good shape has a little rust around the top of the window rest of the cab great shape...
Will be going with the dully setup on this one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 39
Now I've done the research for a month on this cab .
This cab is a little rougher
And has some rust
But is. True 43 chevy
And I even have the lid for the turret
Idea will be low and fender less and shorting bed
With a 4.3 power planet

Do the Ford first.
It looks like it's the most complete, so you'll be more likely to get it rolling fastest. Plus, you'll acquire tools, materials, connections, and insight, on the first build. Everybody says after their first build that they'd do something different or better on their next one. Plus, I'm partial to those wartime Chevys. So let's save the turret cab for the second or third shot. ;)

Turret Cab!!!!

Standard type truck cabs are some what over done, IMO [S
Dare to be different [cl
Any chance of finding the OEM weapon?

Be cool to build a .50 cal with dual barrel mount with a tractable mount
Think I might get pulled over. But would clear the traffic quick lol

Bet nobody would fight you for a parking spot! [ddd

There was a video of a Maverick on YouTube that had a replica .50 cal mounted on the front fender. He had it set up so the barrel turned while he was going down the road, pretty cool, but out of place on the Maverick I thought, should have been on a truck or Jeep.

My vote is some advice. You should do the one You want to do first, so your heart is in it. There might be times when you have to back up and change your build a bit because the original plan won't work with what came along many months later, so you need to be pretty fired up about the project as a whole to get by small set backs.
Keep on tinkering.

Prolly wouldn't be too hard to replicate a 50 cal. Hell, all they were was sheet pieces riveted together with a barrel. When I was in the Corps we had one that still had the wooden handles and when our armorers cross referenced the serial number they found out that it was from 1942. If a gun could talk imagine the stories it would tell.

My vote is some advice. You should do the one You want to do first, so your heart is in it. There might be times when you have to back up and change your build a bit because the original plan won't work with what came along many months later, so you need to be pretty fired up about the project as a whole to get by small set backs.
Keep on tinkering.

Man, theres always gotta be a grown up in the croud. :D

Latest posts

Back